New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Hi Mountainman
'Awaiting moderation' just means that a staff member needs to approve your first few posts. We do this for all new members, as it helps us to keep the forum free of spam.
Welcome to CycleChat. If you need help, just ask - here or in the Site Support section, and someone will explain.
Cheers
Spinney
:welcome:

mountainman

Hi Mountainman
'Awaiting moderation' just means that a staff member needs to approve your first few posts. We do this for all new members, as it helps us to keep the forum free of spam.
Welcome to CycleChat. If you need help, just ask - here or in the Site Support section, and someone will explain.
Cheers
Spinney
:welcome:
Thanking you kindly

kapelmuur

Veteran
Hi, I'm Dave 68 years old and living in Timperley, Cheshire.

I bought a road bike about 4 years ago as retirement was making me fat, I've now got the bug and ride about 100 miles a week - some of it on a Bkool simulator if the weather is bad.

I ride solo as I have been put off clubs by the way they behave on the road.

My user name is a tribute to Geraardsbergen, home of the infamous Muur, where my Mum was born and her side of the family were cyclists as all true Flemish people should be!

Hello from Stuttgart, south Germany

I'm a Brit living in Germany, car free for about fifteen years now. Unfortunately Stuttgart seems to be a retrograde pocket of car centriccity in an otherwise fairly progressive region, so being car-free with family isn't quite as easy as elsewhere, but still much easier than I remember in the UK.

We have a couple of unusual bikes to help our lifestyle along: I ride a lovely Raleigh M-Trax, possibly one of the last to come off the Nottingham production line, converted to be an Xtracycle which makes it a very handy utility bike. As this isn't heavy duty enough for some things we also have a Bakfiets which I bought in Amsterdam and rode along the Rhine to get here.

Apart from that I've rebuoilt and refurbished a no-name mountain bike into a hybrid for my beautiful wife and we have a small fleet of children's bikes in varying states of repair for our three boys. The newest family member is still too tiny to be anything but a passenger in the Bakfiets.

I do have a blog where I talk a bit about how -and why- we live like this, and occasionally verring off into other things like trying to live simply, woodwork, and my work with children and young people on a city farm. When I can post links I'll add that...

Meg888

Hi Folks

Started cycling last summer in order to get fit - found I really enjoy it, love finding new routes to do. I've bought a new bike this year a Liv Rove 2 - I love it, but finding it difficult to adjust to the newbie.

I'm from Northumberland, and lucky to be near so many fantastic routes.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Hi Folks

Started cycling last summer in order to get fit - found I really enjoy it, love finding new routes to do. I've bought a new bike this year a Liv Rove 2 - I love it, but finding it difficult to adjust to the newbie.

I'm from Northumberland, and lucky to be near so many fantastic routes.

Hi @Meg888 - welcome to CycleChat. :hello:

the

Regular
Hi there, I'm new here.

Nearly two years ago I made my first tour aver the alps, using a trecking bike. Stopped smoking 17 months ago, bought a brompton folding bike. Mountain bike followed few months later, second tour crossing the alps.

Although I love (kind of) climbing mountains with the bike I live in totally flat region in germany, the only hill is 15 km away with a height of only 120 m.

So I'm now having fun with my brand new BKool trainer.

60 years, male.

HarryT

Regular
Hello everyone

I've been riding for about 18 months and live in Surrey. I did some closed circuit Cat 4 racing last year at Dunsfold and am now training hard for a trip to Mont Ventoux at the end of May.

I have recently got a Bkool smart trainer so am enjoying using Bkool rides an Zwift in the man cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom