New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bazzer99

Hi.

Thanks for letting me join. Just in the process of purchasing a Bkool classic which should arrive before Xmas so wish me luck in setting it up and getting started on it. Fairly new to cycling. Took it up again in 2014 after a 25 year + break!! I'm a bit of a fair weather cyclist at the moment hence getting the Bkool to try and keep some level of fitness albeit a low level. :laugh:

Denny17

Hi Shaun - just joined the forum mainly to find an answer to a question.......

I have a bike under the Cycle to Work scheme - a Boardman CX Team from Halfords. It's 3 months old and had 3 bottom brackets go in that time. I'd like to return it for a different bike entirely. Does anyone have any advice or experience on that?

Hello,

So you've signed-up, got your user account, now all you need to do is get posting .... ah, um, er, What do I say?

Well, it's dead easy - just say Hello and tell us a little bit about yourself and whereabouts you're from (so we can invite you along to rides!!)

Believe me, once you get that first post under your belt you'll be off!

My name's Shaun by the way, and I own and operate CycleChat.

If you need any help or advice on using the forums, or want to ask a question but don't want to do it publicly - just send me a PM (private message).

Hope you enjoy, and welcome to CycleChat

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:
Thanks for the welcome, Shaun. NIce to be here. I am a ancient old man that just loves cycling. I live in Newton -le- Willows near Warrington in Cheshire.

alexpreston

Hello.
Joined up because I just got a bkool trainer and want to learn how to get the best out of it. Then come next spring I can ride better than I managed last spring!

Slower than you

Hi Everyone.

So my last bike I bought was about 15 years ago, and its still in pretty good shape and go for an occasional ride. Although I am thinking of doing a charity ride of about 100k in 5 months so am looking at getting what ever tips I can get. I certainly don't get enough exercise and think this is better than the gym!

My brothers have been into this for years so feel its time to see whats its all about.

Looking forward.

Thanks al

Josh

andypet

Hi Everyone. I'm just starting cycling after a 30 year lay off! I'm from Lancashire and have been looking for a decent cycling forum to get some advice on cycling and also bike maintenance.

Deanie81084

Hey!

Didn't really want to start my own thread just to say hi! But I registered a couple of weeks ago.

Been cycling regularly for about 11 years and thought I'd introduce myself. Currently reside in Harlow in Essex and enjoy long rides over speed. (In other words, I ride a touring bike and I am very slow! :-))

phantomvirus

Hello folks - Ron aka "PhantomVirus" here from the states. Been cycling 5 years or so as a roadie - went OTB too many times on the mountain bike and opted to not break my collarbone so Roadie it is. I have 2 Cannondales (R-300 and a CAAD10 [105's] ) and a Pinarello ROKH [Ultegra 11 SP] in the rotation along with a JAMIS DAKKAR MTN Bike.
Injured my knee surfing in August so have not been in the saddle much this year. Hoping to start ZWIFTING or the like in February as I gained 20 lbs while not riding. Nice to meet you all. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Hello all, been lurking for while and you seem like a friendly lot so thought I'd officially join the forum.
Got back into cycling over the last couple of years and just bought my first racing ..... err sorry 'road' bike (that's how old I am) so expect some typical newbie questions in the near future.
Currently can be seen struggling around the local environs of Basingstoke so if you see some old geezer on a red road bike struggling to get up a hill be kind to him as it may be me!
:bicycle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom