New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lucksmith

Hi Phil!

Aye, I know I'm just being a scaredy-cat. Truth is, I'd happily get stranded somewhere so long as I had enough money to get home one way or another. My main worry is then sorting my bike out, because without it I can't get to work (without spending more money, and money is always tight around here).

I've signed up for the course, It's on Nov 19th, and I've already signed up for the intermediate course. The first part is only two hours, and I can't imagine what anyone could possibly learn in two hours! Still, starting at the start has to be a good thing.

I'll report back in the beginners' section once I've been.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I'll report back in the beginners' section once I've been.
Just a thought, but a report on a basic bike maintenance course might get lost in beginners - might be better in the bicycle mechanics section. You can always post here to say you've done it and give a link to the report in a different forum.

Hope the course is useful for you! And welcome to cyclechat.
Spinney

johnhub

Hello,

So you've signed-up, got your user account, now all you need to do is get posting .... ah, um, er, What do I say?

Well, it's dead easy - just say Hello and tell us a little bit about yourself and whereabouts you're from (so we can invite you along to rides!!)

Believe me, once you get that first post under your belt you'll be off!

My name's Shaun by the way, and I own and operate CycleChat.

If you need any help or advice on using the forums, or want to ask a question but don't want to do it publicly - just send me a PM (private message).

Hope you enjoy, and welcome to CycleChat

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

Hi Shaun and everyone. Im John and Im 65. Just had an operation on my shoulder and I cant really do much until new year. I have a 1970s Dawes bike which has 5 gears and is really hard work. I hope to ride it again in Jan. I bought it new for £60 and never really used it. Last year I had a bit of time but as I say hard work.
So Im looking for a new Hybrid and will be seeking advice from your members on what to get
Cheers Johnhub

lucksmith

Just a thought, but a report on a basic bike maintenance course might get lost in beginners - might be better in the bicycle mechanics section. You can always post here to say you've done it and give a link to the report in a different forum.

Hope the course is useful for you! And welcome to cyclechat.
Spinney

Fair enough! I'm a beginner myself, so doubt I'll have any insights that would confuse others, but I think you're probably right in that the Bicycle Mechanics' section might be more appropriate.

Either way, I'll report back (and I'm off to look at the Mechanics' section now)! :-)

Viper5

Regular
Hi

The kids.....? so your getting a bike..how much, when you getting out on it..What about the mountain bike hanging in the garage. You won't get a bike...

You got a bike...how much..And so on..

Well the easy part getting the bike Trek Domane 4.3c. The hard part getting out. Brrrrrřrrr. Need to get kitted out now any recommendations for quality is this weather?

12boy

Guru
Hello...Will have to figure out an avatar. Name is Ron, Live in the central Wyoming high desert, an area much like Mongolia, and have been commuting on a bike since at least 1979 .Enjoy fixing up old bikes into singlespeeds and giving them away to friends and family. Currently have a lot of bikes but primarily only ride a fuji track, my surly steamroller, currently fitted with an SA 3 speed, and my brompton. Ride all year round although only a few miles a day when it is below 20 degrees or there is too much snow/ice. Interesting site.

Sajf

Hi everyone from Wigan
Started cycling about two years ago and I have a hybrid and roadbike. I ride alternate bikes at weekends I ride leisurely routes offroad one weekend and road routes around Wigan the following weekend mainly for fitness.
Hope to find cycling tips and advice on the forums and also help if I can

Another Hi from Wigan. I really don't know why, haven't even been on a bike since my teens let alone owned one but In Feb this year at the tender age of 52 I bought a hybrid which I mostly use to commute, working in Bury. This is a 35 mile round trip & it's taken until around now for me to build up to 5 days/week (I naively thought it'd be pretty easy after years on an exercise bike - what spawn of satan invented hills!!!) I think I save a fiver a day in petrol but with the cost of the bike & all the gear I've not 'paid' it all back yet - so much more fun on the bike though.

Will be moving to the Bristol area over Christmas & the new commute there will only be 22 miles/day plus much, much more cycle friendly - can't wait!

Ixie

Hello. My name is Jos from the Philippines. Thought of posting, I'm new here. hehe. Been with biking since childhood. Sadly, never knew others who love it as much as I do. So, I joined here to know more of the people who also share the same passion and enjoyment in cycling. And learn tips from the experienced bikers, how to get better. Thank you!

Tritwins

Hello,

I'm a frustrated Di2 owner with rapid battery discharge problems. I've posted something under the Di2 section so I hope I can get some useful feedback.

Cheers

Simon

westmatix

Hi,

Regular road cyclist. 37 and joining the forum as I've just ventured into the world of smart trainers. Heard that there's a big community on the bkool thread so hope to race/ train/ chain gang etc :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom