New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Welcome Folks

Arch

Married to Night Train
FelixStarsofsky said:
Screen name FelixStarsofsky, real name Oliver. I'm a Royal Marine Commando

My nephew is called Oliver, and when learning to get about for himself, adopted a commando type crawl, dragging himself along on his belly. Coincidence eh?:smile:

(the funniest bit was when he realised he could stop and look behind himself by propping himself up on one elbow. He looked like a little Roman emperor reclining...)

Anyway, hello!

stranger

A woman here.

she is probably spending a fortune on shoes and whatever else (some <--- keeping it P.C.) women like to spend thier money on.

The only shoes I spend a fortune on are the ones my horses wear. :wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
stranger said:
A woman here.

The only shoes I spend a fortune on are the ones my horses wear. :biggrin:

My sister asked, when I got my third bike, why I needed more than one, as I only have one arse. I pointed out that she only had one pair of feet, but it hadn't stopped her with shoes, and she agreed it was a fair point.

As a woman, I'm pretty much like stranger - my last pair of shoes was a £10 pair of trainers, which I'll wear until they dissolve, then get another pair the same...

graham56

Guru
FelixStarsofsky said:
Screen name FelixStarsofsky, real name Oliver. I'm a Royal Marine Commando who has just come back to Afghanistan

Welcome Royal, pleased to meet you Oliver.
Stay safe

:biggrin:

Oliver and Stranger. I echo Graham, in wishing you a safe time out there Oliver and look forward to hearing how you get on with the bike.

stranger

Admin said:
:blush: from me too!

(See, that's how you do an introduction ...)

But had I said that I was a RoyalMarineCommando just back from Afghanistan, it would not have been TRUE!. :tongue:

tapan

Newly Arrived

Hi,
Just joined up, having finally given up on the u.r.c Newsgroup which is being destroyed by misuse. All a bit sad really because it has been a very good source of information and the odd bit of fun.

So I shall have a look around your forum without jumping in the deep end.

Hopefully I shall stay a while if the "flavour" is OK

Briefly -- I am a 71 yr old touring/camping cyclist who bashes round parts of Europe every year on my own.
In between times I try and get out on my Thorn Raven Tour every day but will admit to having found this winter a bit cycle unfriendly for a GOM like me. Mind you I am still in shorts, although I will confess to wearing knee warmers for the first time this winter!

Thankfully the snow has all gone and I can start my Spring training programme to get me ready for my "Berlin" trip later this year

Arch

Married to Night Train
Welcome tapan! Hope you like it here. A lot of us migrated from the old cycling plus forum when it merged into Bike Radar, but the forum's really taken off since then and there's a good spread of ages and knowledge.

If you like a natter about all and sundry, pop into Cafe.

Bashing round bits of Europe is one of those things I fancy doing, but don't know if I'll ever have the courage...

wafflycat

FelixStarsofsky said:
Now I am back in Afghanistan, she is probably spending a fortune on shoes and whatever else (some <--- keeping it P.C.) women like to spend thier money on.

Welcome, Oliver. Stay safe in Afghanistan and get back home fit & well so you can be riding that new bike of yours.

Point, though, there's plenty of us ladies who like to spend money & time on cycling... :bravo:

wafflycat

tapan said:
Hi,
Just joined up, having finally given up on the u.r.c Newsgroup which is being destroyed by misuse. All a bit sad really because it has been a very good source of information and the odd bit of fun.

So I shall have a look around your forum without jumping in the deep end.

Hopefully I shall stay a while if the "flavour" is OK

Briefly -- I am a 71 yr old touring/camping cyclist who bashes round parts of Europe every year on my own.
In between times I try and get out on my Thorn Raven Tour every day but will admit to having found this winter a bit cycle unfriendly for a GOM like me. Mind you I am still in shorts, although I will confess to wearing knee warmers for the first time this winter!

Thankfully the snow has all gone and I can start my Spring training programme to get me ready for my "Berlin" trip later this year

Welcome Trevor!

For the others of CC, I've known Trevor some time via URC and he's a thoroughly decent chappie, who has great adventures on his cycle tours of Europe. I thoroughly recommend him to the assembled hoardes.

wafflycat

stranger said:
hello!

I am an OAP who has been given the gift of a bicycle when my electric one packed up.

I like to think it was a well-meant gift.

But I am finding all that pedalling b***** hard work I can tell you.

So if you find yourself in the south-western part of the New Forest, in Hampshire, and you come across a tall dark haired 'middle-aged' (I refuse to be elderley--so there!) lady, most likely in a blue jacket, on a turquoise bike, going very slowly up the hills and not much faster on the level, it may be me. Wave anyway. :bravo:

Hello and welcome to another cycling person of the female gender!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom