New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

emab said:
Hello,
I'm 17 and a student and i'm running out of things to say...
I ride a charge plug (on a fixed wheel), and although i have a fakenger bag, i also wear a helmet, an important distinction me thinks.
My favourite thing to do on my bike is ride around london at night and grace the occasional critical mass

All the Best, Emmet

Hello Emmet. Lots of London-based cyclists here

diego

Hi,

Just joined the forum, in the effort of getting back to cycling...

Need to start from scratch as my bike has remained in my country, so I'll take advantage of all the wisdom and knowledge these posts can give me :rolleyes:

Looking forward to my first ride, hopefully in two weeks time and to some good training...

Wouldn't mind joining cycling team in London as well, but haven't found one yet (well, haven't been searching hard honestly).

Well, that's about it!

Cheers,
Diego

Tangospud

Hello, Live in Blackpool area.

Starting cycling about a year ago. Mainly commuting to work and back ( 15 mile round trip which takes me 20-25 minutes one way). Did manage to complete 3 organised rides last year of 45,50 and 60 miles without any problems. Have entered a few more this year,and would like to build up and do the Manchester 100 in September.

At the moment, I ride a Claud Butler Urban 200 which is about 5 years old. Have change the tyres for road tyres.
Would like to get a new bike this year with a more road/touring feel to it. Though must have a rack on as I have to carry alot of stuff to and from work. Like the look of the Claud Butler Dalesman if anyone has any thoughts?- have a thing for Claud Butler as my Grandad swore by them, he went all over Europe on his as a nipper he told me!

shane

hi i am 14 years old and love to ride my bike in 2010 mum mum siad in the summer holidays i have a week to do a sponserd bike ride just wondering if anyone could help me with any places to ride to from melksham, whiltshire, england

just4fun

Hi there, I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to the forum users who have provided me with some good info.
I originally bought my bike for days out along the grand union cannal and for rare trips to rutland waters/epping forest, but have since started using it daily to commute and i'm really enjoying it and i am also looking forward to my 2nd (short distance) cycling holiday in the summer.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hi both...:evil:

shane, you might be best to ask your question again, maybe in touring, or rides. And you'll need to think about how far you want to/can ride - otherwise, the answer could be 'anywhere!';)

math

Hello

Just started commute again by bike after a break of a few years. If everything works out I'm hoping to get a new bike through the cycle scheme :blush:

rhod6

BEGINNER LONDON TO BRIGHTON

hi all, i have just registered for the london to brighton ride, im 40 years old and only cycled as a child.what sort of bike should i buy and what sort of training program should i follow. any tips greatfully received. cheers:biggrin:

Waring

Hello.

Just started commuting again in London after a longish break due to ill health. It's great to be back on the bike - a Fuji track, and I'm thoroughly enjoying cycling fixed wheel, having previously had a Claude Butler.

Current commute is from Stoke Newington to Isleworth - about 15 miles - and back in the evening. Wonderful in the early morning when the roads are clear; it takes about one hour, coming back is a different story of course - the Euston Road in rush hour is a thing of Hieronymous Bosch like wonder.

PC_Arcade

Missed this, so this is my second post.

Started commuting ~5 miles each way in September last year in Oxford, the "Bike bug" seems to have bitten not and I'm pushing my commute (on the way home at least) to 8-12 miles as I enjoy the cycling (especially with weather like today's!).

Currently have two bikes, a Trek Firemountain 2008 for winter and a Boardman |Team Comp '08 for the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom