New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Postmanhat

not far from you its a good area to ride are you north or south ?

I live in Derby and nearly always head north or west for the hills. Never South. That's where the flatearthers go:smile: Closest I get to Nottingham is Risley for a loop including No Man's Lane. Very lucky to be a cyclist here.So many great routes to choose from and always finding new ones.

And you?

earlestownflya

hello.really enjoying being on this site..especially seeing all the vintage steel bikes,and some weird and wonderful self-builds...fantastic

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Hello,

So you've signed-up, got your user account, now all you need to do is get posting .... ah, um, er, What do I say?

Well, it's dead easy - just say Hello and tell us a little bit about yourself and whereabouts you're from (so we can invite you along to rides!!)

Believe me, once you get that first post under your belt you'll be off!

My name's Shaun by the way, and I own and operate CycleChat.

If you need any help or advice on using the forums, or want to ask a question but don't want to do it publicly - just send me a PM (private message).

Hope you enjoy, and welcome to CycleChat

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:
Hello from Belfast and thanks for accepting me here..!
Looking forward to help others and have some fun with others..

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
[QUOTE 3910294, member: 259"]Beautiful though, I still bear the midge bites from the antrim glens two weeks ago![/QUOTE]
So you were around here?
My main road bike is at the shop for the last month or so and I missed all the "big" events lately... Just riding my CX bike on the road for now... Is killing me..!!!

Ryan lawman

Über Member
Hello,

So you've signed-up, got your user account, now all you need to do is get posting .... ah, um, er, What do I say?

Well, it's dead easy - just say Hello and tell us a little bit about yourself and whereabouts you're from (so we can invite you along to rides!!)

Believe me, once you get that first post under your belt you'll be off!

My name's Shaun by the way, and I own and operate CycleChat.

If you need any help or advice on using the forums, or want to ask a question but don't want to do it publicly - just send me a PM (private message).

Hope you enjoy, and welcome to CycleChat

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

HI all , Thanks for letting me join , My Name is Ryan and live in the German alps . I am 41 years old and have been Biking for 5 year . I ride for a Team called Needful Bikes based in Pfronten Germany . oh yes i was Born in the uk and moved to Germany when i was 20 ..

martinm1

hi im new to cycle chat interested in LED lights for night riding. Going to make my own battery pack :smile:

chris48

Hello from Wales
My name is Chris,I have spent most of my biking on mountains but have always wanted to try road biking
I have dipped my toe in to start with and have purchased a carrera from halfords to start off with the option to Upgrade later
I have also purchased a bkool turbo trainer and have been alternating between that and outdoor training
Am finding the turbo trainer great for quick intense sessions
Anyway nice to join
Speak soon
Chris

claudbutler

Hi this is my first post,so hello.I cycle every day to work [ only 5 mile round trip ] and a few miles at weekends,no grand tours yet but who knows?

The Klunds

Cycling began for me at a very young age. I still find it the most elegant way to get about in a city.
I would love any comments and discussions, I just left out the information in the profile because it would not accept my homepage url.
Currently owns: Daily runner: Kildemoes black and white alloy tourist, vintage danish Hamlet green two-ton tourist:tongue:, two-speed mini bike of unknown make and my lovely home assembeled Carlton.

Reactions: mjr

Dutchonwheels

Ok, here goes......My name is Astrid, I am born in Holland, which makes me Dutch (and obviously very clever) but I have lived in the Uk for the last 35 years, for my sins. I have a busy life being a self employed gardener, mum of 3 nearly grown-up kids and various waifs and strays who drop in unannounced and full time carer of a zoo-like amount of animals, all of which seem to pass on my address to more waifs and strays.
Obviously I love cycling. It's my heritage, and I do miss the Dutch cycle paths and the ability to nip out on the bike to just about anywhere without the need to plan, specially as I am now living in rural Lincolnshire. Here I have to play chicken with the many tractors and speeding farmhands. Still, I do enjoy cycling when I can and I am the proud owner of several Dutch bikes and, since quite recently a BROMTON!!! Not quite used to its little ways yet but starting to like it more each day. Planning to spend the winter kitting myself out for next spring when I intend to do some serious bike rides. That's about it for now. I'm going to nosy around on the forum, as it's raining, hoping to find some useful and interesting posts and people.:hello:

Aspiringcyclist

Hello everyone!
I'm Sham, I've been interested in getting back on the bike since my dad recently got my boy his first bike (bike shaped object!) and my sister took him to a country park where they both cycled and I really felt like I was missing out. Last time I cycled was when I was a kid so I'm going on a 'learn to ride' in a few weeks and see how I get on. I'm researching different bikes in the meantime.

I'm looking forward to learning so much from everyone here and finding out about various family cycling activities around the Manchester area. Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom