New to me cannondale slate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Damn, I thought I had a solution to an actual problem.

Venod

Eh up
I have a lefty MTB no different to ride than a 2 leg fork, you just have to remember which way to turn the fork when negotiating kissing gates, it has a bump stop on the leg side to stop it hitting the crossbar.

postman

Legendary Member
pirate-2123313_960_720.png
Well i be likin it my dear.

PapaZita

Guru
Here you go. https://cannondale.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218633238-Lefty-Benefits

It says "blah blah blah" At least it did to me when I skim-read it. I must try harder.

I don't think it's a very good explanation. I think the main problem that they're trying to address is that with a double sided fork, if it is to work smoothly, it's really important that the legs stay parallel, and that the two sides compress equally. To achieve this, there tends to be a hefty brace connecting the two lower legs, and probably construction more substantial than it would otherwise need to be. If there's only one side to the fork, that problem goes away.

OP
OP
The Rover

The Rover

Guru
Interesting replies, it definitely divides opinion. I probably wouldn’t have gone out of my way to buy one but circumstances led to it and I’m glad they did.

I’ve rode 20 miles today on a route I would only do on my MTB but I’ve addded some road sections and it’s coped brilliantly. I appreciate any other gravel/CX would be fine as well.

The fork system just works, it’s really easy to alter on the go and I love the brutal stealth look!

I’ll add some photos although they don’t do justice to the route and conditions and yes, that’s a flask!

Top Bottom