New top gear 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

otek59

What do we all think ?

I don't see the point of taking 3 cars to Ethiopia or making the rear tyres of the Latest Ferrari light up

The only bonus is no to??er Clarkson
yes it’s a bonus for sure never really liked him, but I just don’t watch the show anyway

Guy Martin has said he won't do it and to be fair I can see why. He's good at what he does but you get the sense he doesn't play well with others.
Hence my 'It's Not Going To Happen' (re; G M)

Watching it now. I'd have kept Rory Reid as well as Chris (and Mr Harris is splendid, IMHO..a proper car nerd who can explain things to non-nerds) and it would be nice if the magnificent Sabine made some guest appearances. Never mind. As for Paddy and Freddie....engaging, and likeable. It wasn't broke, they haven't fixed it.

For those who still wish it was Last of the Summer Wine....just get over it. Bottom half of the internet comments cannot and will not bring them back. JC threw one too many tantrums (and it takes huge stupidity to fail to obtain food in a pub, go to your hotel demanding food after restaurant hours, then punch someone because he is trying to sort it), good riddance. Yes, I liked them too, but their best days are gone. Never watched the Grand Tour, have no particular interest in doing so.

Who would the translator be for, Sabine or the two northern blokes
For Sabine, as GM has previously proven that he can understand accents
Anyone remember the 'Speed' episode, with the French Luge girl?

Guest Guy, to take a racing truck (or his Amazon estate) around the Nürburgring? - if it has the fuel capacity

Separately the old TG crowd was good
JC did documentary very well!
Did anyone see his Brunel, or Victoria Cross programmes?

May, also; The U2 spy-plane flight?

otek59

Hence my 'It's Not Going To Happen' (re; G M)

For Sabine, as GM has previously proven that he can understand accents
Anyone remember the 'Speed' episode, with the French Luge girl?

Guest Guy, to take a racing truck (or his Amazon estate) around the Nürburgring? - if it has the fuel capacity

Separately the old TG crowd was good
JC did documentary very well!
Did anyone see his Brunel, or Victoria Cross programmes?

May, also; The U2 spy-plane flight?
Yes JC is good at documentaries the PQ17 one as well, just keep him away from cars

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
It stopped being Top Gear when Clarkson, Hammond and May left.
Admittedly, Clarkson was a bit of a nob, but all three of them are what made the show so enjoyable.
In a dig at Needell, he said their show was Top Gear, not Fifth Gear. I'd say it's stuck in first these days.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What made the old team enjoyable was the banter between the three of them; admittedly I used to think Clarkson was a boorish fat bully but on the whole it worked, especially when the Stig got involved because the joshing mined a rich seam of especially British humour.

Now the three presenters just look like hoooligans and I can't see them doing anything other than encouraging idiots to treat British roads like a massive game of Grand Theft Auto.

Salar

A fish out of water
Me an my better half managed to watch ten minutes, that was enough.

Switched over to watch the Antiques Road Show, and that's saying something coming from us who like our car programmes.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
The format's dead. Even the Grand Tour is switching to only doing the Road Trip specials

stephec

Legendary Member
Did nobody else find Paddy McGuiness a bit irritating with his, 'aye reet good,' voice? He's on a par with Vernon Kay, both local to me unfortunately.

There will always be space on the TV for boys and their toys programmes.

I disliked JC intensely but he was intelligent and miles better than this desperate lot.
I still think it has an audience, it just isn't me. I've also never warmed to McGuiness or Flintoff, so I knew I probably wouldn't like it but I thought I'd have a gander.

D

Deleted member 26715

We've just watched it I thought it was quite good, it's aimed at a certain audience you lot clearly arn't it. Don't take life so seriously you've not going to get out alive.

Top Bottom