New top gear 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
It went downhill after William Woolard left.... :whistle:

sheddy

Legendary Member
Bring back Tony Mason !

I gave up watching Klaxon after he wrote in the Daily Titts about killing cyclists

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I just heard that they have stopped working on the next series of Top Gear .

They mention that Freddie Flintoff is still not fully recovered.

Can you imagine the insurance the production company needs and costs.

Perhaps we might get a BBC version of 5 th gear which I actually enjoy and I also think it's more aimed at genuine motorists.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Perhaps we might get a BBC version of 5 th gear which I actually enjoy and I also think it's more aimed at genuine motorists.

I'm a reasonably serious 'car-guy / petrol-head'. And whilst Flintoff is amusing for all of 10 minutes - the lack of real content / substance from him episode after episode hasn't made me want to tune-in religiously if i'm honest. What Harris says - i take note of however. I like; and think he offers real insight into his areas of expertise. Paddy's opinions; and my thoughts on him aren't even worth the key-strokes i can't be bothered and won't be writing.......

I'm sure there's an appealing balance in there somewhere between mass-market and enthusiast. And 5th gear just about hits that spot right now for me...... ;)

Drago

Legendary Member
Not watched it since Angela Rippon left.

Yes, becoming an issue here too. Seen quite a few 'yoof' on these things - nearly all wearing the ninja style balaclava - press a button & its whoosh!...instant(ish) 30-40mph, no need for pedalling. Even more fun with no lights at night racing on cyclepaths :blush: .

I'm a reasonably serious 'car-guy / petrol-head'. And whilst Flintoff is amusing for all of 10 minutes - the lack of real content / substance from him episode after episode hasn't made me want to tune-in religiously if i'm honest. What Harris says - i take note of however. I like; and think he offers real insight into his areas of expertise. Paddy's opinions; and my thoughts on him aren't even worth the key-strokes i can't be bothered and won't be writing.......
I'm with you, Flintoff, I don't mind
His travel programmes are better though, with Rob Penn (think that's the surname)

McGuiness........ least said/wrote, the better

Harris; he does know his stuff
Not watched it since Angela Rippon left.
That's going back some years!!

I remember Vicki Butler-Henderson with fondness :wub:
Those little squeals of delight/surprise/fear
(I won't mention the TVR Sagaris review..........)
I believe the facial injuries were quite bad. Flipped a 3 wheel open top Morgan.
Which one paper(fail?) was outraged to realise it had no airbags, or a roof
(under a weight-limit, for airbags???)

Top Bottom