New Toy! (No not a bike...) Garmin VivoActive 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just treated myself to a Vivoactive 4... This purchase wasn't anywhere on the radar a week ago. In fact earlier in the week I ordered a new strap for my Fitbit Blaze.

We are working mad busy at work (independent DIY retail... phone orders collection on door) with half the staff furloughed due to room at work to social distance properly) The boss is very conscious that we are flat out and the others aren't, for a round 50 quid less a week.... So being genuinely the best boss I've ever had, has been putting little bonuses on wages that are paid weekly - one paid for a cheap laptop after my previous (cheap) laptop decided to try and drink a cup of coffee... synchronicity disaster happened 2 days after a nice little chunk was on wages... any way fast forward to this week.... online wage slip and I was almost in tears when I saw a K bonus (before tax obviously) nobody warned us.. it just appeared! obviously I could have bought a very nice pair of wheels or even a nice-ish bike.... but I aimed lower and held the conversation with Mrs V about above watch and got the green light with no resistance (yes I know it was my bonus, but Mrs V is working fully from home and tearing her hair out home schooling teen-V)

Anyway Watch is crazy fab... Used it on a run tonight and so much more info than old tomtom multisport I was using.... My only gripe is hardly any banks support Garmin Pay... a work-around is being sorted by me.

I looked at fitbits and samsung galaxy watches but read an article which basically asked do you want a smart watch that does sport or a sport watch that does smart as the two things are not the same... the Garmin Vivoactive 4 seemed the obvious choice

If you are in the market for a sports watch then this should be on your short list..... the said bonus also enabled to add a couple of extra surprises for the upcoming significant birthday of Mrs V and about half got popped in to the bank

Probably going to keep using Oxford cliqr mount and 2nd phone on bike as bigger display but certainly wont be buying a new cycle computer anytime soon... phone and watch have got it covered!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i've got one and it's great 👍

Top Bottom