New wheels are faster, fact

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
Dry enough for a first time spin on my new wheels, averaged 20.3mph.

On my previous ride I averaged 15.1 mph, so by deduction I can positively say they buying new wheels makes your average speed increase by 5.2mph* and that is clearly scientifically proven. No arguments will be accepted...

*Obviously this had nothing to do with the fact the the previous ride was in monsoon conditions, slightly social and on a different bike. All irrelevant factors, it still remains that new wheels are faster :whistle:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Dry enough for a first time spin on my new wheels, averaged 20.3mph.

On my previous ride I averaged 15.1 mph, so by deduction I can positively say they buying new wheels makes your average speed increase by 5.2mph* and that is clearly scientifically proven. No arguments will be accepted...

*Obviously this had nothing to do with the fact the the previous ride was in monsoon conditions, slightly social and on a different bike. All irrelevant factors, it still remains that new wheels are faster :whistle:
i second that opinion

OP
OP
mattobrien

mattobrien

Guru
A new bikes even faster though :whistle:
They were on my new bike :whistle:

I still call it my new bike despite getting it in April. The new wheels do make it look really rather good, so other than just adding speed they help with aesthetics too - fact!

Sadly there aren't really any more cheating ways of buying more speed, so I am going to have to just push harder :hyper:

OP
OP
mattobrien

mattobrien

Guru
new bottle cages help, too
I have bottle cages. They are carbon. Enough said. :whistle:

Reactions: gbb
OP
OP
mattobrien

mattobrien

Guru
How do you know it was the wheels that made you faster, might of been the cages, just saying...
Already had the cages. Wheels were new. Hence it must be the wheels. Told you it was scientific.

Obviously the cages did make me go faster, but compared to before they were fitted, this was a proper scientific study of wheels.

I can always test taking them off and seeing if I go even faster and faster once more when they are refitted...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
i bought a new set of wheels at new year, but due to the extended winter i didn't get chance to do a 'big' ride on them until May. Rode 15 miles up the valley and at a guess it was a good 15 mins quicker than usual (no comp so guess is the best i can do)... I was well chuffed at the difference they'd made.

BUT... on the way back, i realised just how strong the wind was... it had much more effect on my outbound speed than the new wheels did.

VamP

Banned
i bought a new set of wheels at new year, but due to the extended winter i didn't get chance to do a 'big' ride on them until May. Rode 15 miles up the valley and at a guess it was a good 15 mins quicker than usual (no comp so guess is the best i can do)... I was well chuffed at the difference they'd made.

BUT... on the way back, i realised just how strong the wind was... it had much more effect on my outbound speed than the new wheels did.

Nah it was the new wheels. But sadly, they were no longer new for the return trip.

Top Bottom