New wheels are faster, fact

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

Everyone knows new wheels make a cyclist faster .... I have started telling family this now in preparation for new ones next year ;)

Biker Joe

Über Member
Dry enough for a first time spin on my new wheels, averaged 20.3mph.

On my previous ride I averaged 15.1 mph, so by deduction I can positively say they buying new wheels makes your average speed increase by 5.2mph* and that is clearly scientifically proven. No arguments will be accepted...

*Obviously this had nothing to do with the fact the the previous ride was in monsoon conditions, slightly social and on a different bike. All irrelevant factors, it still remains that new wheels are faster :whistle:
You'll go even faster next time after you've fitted the tubes and tires:biggrin:

Koga

Already had the cages. Wheels were new. Hence it must be the wheels. Told you it was scientific.

Obviously the cages did make me go faster, but compared to before they were fitted, this was a proper scientific study of wheels.

I can always test taking them off and seeing if I go even faster and faster once more when they are refitted...

Keep up these studies, their conclusion is important to the cycle society !

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What wheels did you put on? I could do with being 5mph faster, might win some races ^_^
he is not allowed to mention the name of the wheels he has bought - cause that would mean he was bragging about said wheels and that is forbidden on this forum :whistle:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
You got new wheels and my old wheel split and are borked.

Proof that the Universe is indeed a place of balance. Next time I get a KOM I will assume it is because someone somewhere has just broken their chain :smile:

OP
OP
mattobrien

mattobrien

Guru
I trust said new wheels are more expensive than the old ones, which would only go to reinforce the fact that they are therefore faster...

All things that are more expensive are faster. Fact. This also includes the things that are slower, but as they are more expensive they are technically classed as faster...

gbb

Legendary Member

On my previous ride I averaged 15.1 mph, so by deduction I can positively say they buying new wheels makes your average speed increase by 5.2mph* and that is clearly scientifically proven. No arguments will be accepted...

*Obviously this had nothing to do with the fact the the previous ride was in monsoon conditions, slightly social and on a different bike. All irrelevant factors, it still remains that new wheels are faster :whistle:
I started reading this and thought...:angry: BOLLOC..:blush:.........oh..........:rolleyes:
I like your logic. :thumbsup:

Awsome!
Theres this guy thats been doing my head in. So hopin your luck is contagious I have decided to buy myself some new gloves. Boxing ones.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
A new bikes even faster though :whistle:
...and a red bike has been scientifically proven to be faster than bikes of other colours :tongue:. Wearing team logos adds even more to your speed*.

* mainly because you don't want to look like an idiot wearing pro team logos but riding at a snail's pace...

Top Bottom