New wheels. Help me choose!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Need to add £6 for postage I think

OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
I can get the zonda's from PBK for £290 - 12% by using a new account, that makes them circa £260. My other option would be the Ultegra's which can be had for £250 from a few places.

I have a pair of Shimano ultegra 6700 wheels and I will be getting another pair soon, as these are finally getting to the end of their life on the rims. They have done about 8000miles, survived 2 30mph crashes in to the side of cars and are great to ride on. I like the fact they are cup and cone bearings and easily adjusted. I have not got on with Fulcrums, I buckled bot hsets of wheels within a month.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Zondas - then spend about 3 minutes each wheel removing tye decals and giving them a nice black stealthy look, then no one will know your running campags on a shimano bike......winner winner, chicken dinner

And its what i did on my tarmac sl4

OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
Could be, might just need a soak in degreaser - had mine go a bit squiffy on me when I had no tools - LBS charged be £6 to clean. Good idea re the winter wheels idea though - spares is good :okay:

Think it's goosed. Under load I was turning the pedal full circle with no drive whatsoever. Was about 15 miles from home but managed to coax her back with a lot of patience and careful gear selection!!!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I like these ones

P-SLR1_Aero_Pair.jpg

Top Bottom