New wheels. Help me choose!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tojo

Über Member
Hi.

Going to bite the bullet and order some new wheels for the summer. Today whilst riding something went wrong on the free-hub on my standard issue Giant Defy (2014) wheels and don't think it represents good value to repair them (at the moment).

I have set my budget at £300 and don't really want to stretch that as I'm going to be looking at a new bike for next summer anyway which Will have some nice wheels!

The 3 in contention that I have seen are

1. Campag Zonda £300

2. Fulcrum Racing 3 £280

3. Shimano Ultega 6800 £250

All prices have been taken off wiggle and i would appreciate any feedback if somebody knows of any of these wheels at a better price or maybe could add other suggestions for the shortlist.

Many thanks

Huw

Try Ribble, they always seem to do good prices on wheels....:secret:, Hope you find what your looking for......:thumbsup:

Broadside

Guru
That's a great price for those wheels. Tempted....

OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
Yep, they were £217 + whatever the delivery was. The total refund was circa £28.

They are a combination from hell with my Gatorskins to fit though. I feel embarrassed to say I've spent over an hour to rim the tyres in the comfort of my front room. Wouldn't have gone on without a drop off fairy liquid, no chance. Not looking forward to having to do that job in the dark, I'll be packing some fairy for sure!

simon.r

Person
Yep, they were £217 + whatever the delivery was. The total refund was circa £28.

They are a combination from hell with my Gatorskins to fit though. I feel embarrassed to say I've spent over an hour to rim the tyres in the comfort of my front room. Wouldn't have gone on without a drop off fairy liquid, no chance. Not looking forward to having to do that job in the dark, I'll be packing some fairy for sure!

Not just Gatorskins: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/fitting-tyres.166691/

uclown2002

Guru

I have one of these for those difficult tyres:-
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/var-tyre-levers-prod27539/

Top Bottom