New wheels. Help me choose!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
Maybe your chain had come off .
If it had I wouldn't have been hearing noises coming from my bike!
Thanks for that, looks like I neglected it a bit. I may have a play with it myself to see if I can see what's up with it.

Sounds a bit premature having only covered 1400 odd miles still...

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
What wheels are they ? With the bike spec I guess they are at least P-SL2's ?

Cyclist33

I like these ones

P-SLR1_Aero_Pair.jpg

I dunno.. I rapped my finger against the deep bit in the shop and it felt flimsy... Or is that just the nature of deep rims?

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
If it had I wouldn't have been hearing noises coming from my bike!

Thanks for that, looks like I neglected it a bit. I may have a play with it myself to see if I can see what's up with it.

Sounds a bit premature having only covered 1400 odd miles still...

Depends on conditions really...mine jammed after around 5 months of all weather cycling...bout 110 miles per week...sh1tty gritty roads and all that...

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I dunno.. I rapped my finger against the deep bit in the shop and it felt flimsy... Or is that just the nature of deep rims?
Mine are solid but the newer ones seem to be a fairing . I guess its to save weight but I don't like it . Ive seen the same on zipps and cosmics so I guess its the new in thing :rolleyes:

OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
To update the thread I have gone ahead and ordered the Ultegra's. They were slightly the cheapest at £250 and hopefully will arrive tomorrow.

Had them from wiggle in the end as I was placing an order for a few other bits as well.

Thanks everyone for their input, appreciated greatly :cheers:.

I'll post back here my thoughts after giving them a blast. Doubt I'll be able to tell any difference though but hopefully they'll feel better on climbs being some 300g lighter and stiffer.

Last edited:

uclown2002

Guru
To update the thread I have gone ahead and ordered the Ultegra's. They were slightly the cheapest at £250 and hopefully will arrive tomorrow.

Had them from wiggle in the end as I was placing an order for a few other bits as well.

Thanks everyone for their input, appreciated greatly :cheers:.

I'll post back here my thoughts after giving them a blast. Doubt I'll be able to tell any difference though but hopefully they'll feel better on climbs being some 300g lighter and stiffer.
Quite a bit cheaper here :- http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/...znonpBRnfdW62P5ux6IOwlOPlyyHwmvEokRoCZdvw_wcB

Maybe wiggle will pricematch?

Top Bottom