New wheels: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLS WTS Clincher Wheelset 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
lol. Wheels hidden till the other half leaves for the weekend, then I will put them on the bike and take pics. Should look like this though:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3230/img0812ho.jpg

yep Mavic supply the Shimano set up, so that is all fine. Not sure if the wheels will help with the hills, normal hills are fine, I'm talking about your tougher sharp climbs. Ok So just get the same casset as I have currently, as I will be swapping wheels between riding to work and weekend rides/races etc.
Please indulge me as I am curious, you are asking an awful lot of basic questions for someone who races and sounds as though they have been riding for a while yet at the same time shelling out a lot of money on wheels. So question, what bike do you have / groupset and which races are you doing?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Please indulge me as I am curious, you are asking an awful lot of basic questions for someone who races and sounds as though they have been riding for a while yet at the same time shelling out a lot of money on wheels. So question, what bike do you have / groupset and which races are you doing?
I shelled out loads on wheels and i dont race

Peter Armstrong

Über Member

"usually just throw the bike at a guy in a bike shop." i think this is answer

I shelled out loads on wheels and i dont race

I was asking Simon_m.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I was asking Simon_m.
My guess is this - having read the thread were he mentions gears, wheels, brakes etc.

He classes sportives as races and he doesnt actually race. Its a fair assumption, but i could be wrong.

Especially as he states he struggles on short, sharp climbs.

OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
Here you go, as promised.

bike.jpg

Top Bottom