New wheels: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLS WTS Clincher Wheelset 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Viv

Hi there, hope someone can help. I'm looking at getting some new wheels, "Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLS WTS Clincher Wheelset 2014". There are a few things I want to check before I possibly get them. I read somewhere that deep rims use different break pads, (which I find hard to believe). Also read certain tyres are recommended, is that just sales pitch, I like and trust my continental 4000s. I guess I will also need a new gearing casset too? or will that come with the wheels? As you can see I don't know much lol Thanks
Hi Simon, I'm also looking at these wheels. I think you did buy them? How do you find them?

OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
Hi there, yep I got them and they are fine. I don't have anything simular to compare with, but they are good. Of course, in the wind they are a nightmare.

Robeh

boardman%202012%20with%20cosmin%20carbones%20SLS_zpscydony9v.jpg
just bought a set off these bad boys secound hand wow what a set off wheels:bravo:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
Here is my back Cosimic as of last weekend. Want to swap?. Yours look great

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
lol yes just a little ducked. Some *unt pulled out from a junction while looking at some girls and drive in to me, then drove off. Nothing I could do and totally not my fault. Do you think it can be straightened out? haha
Be careful out there guys!

Robeh

lol yes just a little ducked. Some *unt pulled out from a junction while looking at some girls and drive in to me, then drove off. Nothing I could do and totally not my fault. Do you think it can be straightened out? haha
Be careful out there guys!
bad news mate can belive the tosser drove off FFS

OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
yep i know, could have been much worse. Cops are not bothered so been advised to take it further and complain to the IPCC that the case is not being treated seriously, especially as there are only 8 possible cars out there with that description.

Robeh

yep i know, could have been much worse. Cops are not bothered so been advised to take it further and complain to the IPCC that the case is not being treated seriously, especially as there are only 8 possible cars out there with that description.
best of luck i hope it all works

Top Bottom