New Year aspirations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
This is a little bit clichéd, but to get back on my bike properly.

I had so much that I had planned for 2013 that I then wanted to build on in 2014 and into 2015. But then I had double offs in May-June and to be honest it probably rocked my confidence more severely than I was willing to admit to even myself to the point that I haven't ridden anything greater than a slow 15 miler in the last 6 months since. There were personal circumstances in there as well, but to be fair in hindsight I've probably used them as more of an excuse than they warranted.

So my New Year Aspirations is to say 2013 didn't work out, you can still do what you wanted to do, just a year later (and, hopefully, wiser) than previously planned. Go again.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Lose about 1 stone.
Spend more time on bike.
Spend less time on CC..
Make more use of motorbike, which covered only 1800 miles in 2013. :sad:

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
my new years resolution is to never make new years resolutions. i've already broken it so therefore have undone the guilt and shame of not achieving anything i set out to do.
i feel kind of refreshed.
this year i'm planning on just rolling with the punches and if i want to do something important i'll do it rather then planning to do it in some silly ritual during a calendar new year.

ASC1951

Guru
I have come to the conclusion that, barring accidents and breakages, I will probably never again buy another bike and very, very little kit. Sad innit.
I feel your pain. At a recent visit to the physio I asked if any bunion-type intervention could be done to my two second toes, which are starting to cross the third toes. "Well, yes, possibly.." she said "but is it worth it now?"

paul04

Über Member
This year I am not going to bother with any cycling resolutions,
To many times last year I tried breaking segments on strava, or knowing that I had to do X number of miles that month to stay on target.
So no targets on the mileage for this year, just going to ride the bike and enjoy it.
Going to keep fit, eat healthy, and do a bit of running (if my knees hold out this time)

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Cycling wise- Do some more of all the epic on and offroad rides I've planned out, find some more likeminded people to ride with, do some sportives/Audaxes, set aside some money for upgrading my bikes [the Hewitt badly needs a full makeover after nearly 9 years] and do a 100 + miler every month. Lifewise-get the hang of my new job and sign up for a few more courses to really improve my skills, buy at least 1 new art book every month, build a new darkroom and try some more of the lovely brews I keep reading about over in Beer! Also make sure I'm off next Christmas Day...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Enjoy my new job
See more of my friends and rellies
Do more riding, both with CC people and generally
Finally build a FWD recumbent
Get fit enough that I could contemplate riding Ventoux again should I ever be in the neighbourhood :whistle:

Top Bottom