New Year aspirations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Reaching December 31st will do for me.

Linford

Crack a problem one of my customers is spending shed loads on flying a consultant from Denver every 6 weeks to solve...which he isn't.
Also get a mig welder and learn to use it properly as i have a scooter project which needs a fair amount of fabrication doing with it.

Brandane

Legendary Member
What I would like to do, and is a realistic possibility:
End of April, tell my boss where to stick her job, sell the car, strap a tent onto my bike and catch a one way flight to Spain or France, then wander northwards back to the UK over the space of a couple of months.

Last edited:

Blue

Legendary Member
What I would like to do, and is a realistic possibility:
End of April, tell my boss where to put her job, sell the car, strap a tent onto my bike and catch a one way flight to Spain or France, then wander northwards back to the UK over the space of a couple of months.
Good luck with that.

Blue

Legendary Member
I want to improve my vocabulary and grammar in greek.

Linford

He could fly me down from Leeds to not solve the problem.

I'll save him a fortune.
Hardly worth it seeing as they are in manchester. Anyhow, unless you understand the principles of fluid dynamics with ultra viscous media which wants to flow in its own natural plane irrespective of how much you squeeze it, and bending stresses on components being exposed to over 40 tonnes per square inch, you'd probably not be a lot of use in this one :scratch:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Hardly worth it seeing as they are in manchester. Anyhow, unless you understand the principles of fluid dynamics with ultra viscous media which wants to flow in its own natural plane irrespective of how much you squeeze it, and bending stresses on components being exposed to over 40 tonnes per square inch, you'd probably not be a lot of use in this one :scratch:

That's where you're wrong!

High pressure fluid dynamics in hostile environments was a major part of my engineering masters degree.

I might be a bit rusty but I'm sure I can mug up. After all, a consultant is only someone who works away from home. It doesn't mean that they know anything.

£50 per mile should cover my expenses.

I'm available 24/7.

Last edited:

Linford

That's where you're wrong!

High pressure fluid dynamics in hostile environments was a major part of my engineering degree.

I might be a bit rusty but I'm sure I can mug up. After all, a consultant is only someone who works away from home. It doesn't mean that they know anything.

£50 per mile should cover my expenses.

I'm available 24/7.
The project leader is a qualified metalurgist...he also stated that it has been 30 years since qualifying and so feels he would be near useless in this field if asked now. It doesn't behave like other fluids and that is why they brought the denver dude in....he has 40 years of practical experience in this but still lost as the properties in flow dramatically change as the media gets harder.

What field of expertise did you apply your acquired knowledge in ?

Top Bottom