New Year aspirations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
Cycle round La Palma in a day, 160 very lumpy kilometres. I did get round Gran Canaria in daylight - just - but I was ten years younger and whole lot fitter. In theory retirement gives you unlimited time to train, in practice it is unlimited time to nibble and watch the telly.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
What field of expertise did you apply your acquired knowledge in ?

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

RedRider

Pulling through
My mate's raised the idea of cycling up from London to West Yorks for the Grand Depart and then back again. This means putting together a good quality geared bike on a budget. I also want to start a masters degree in social work but looks like this will probably have to wait 'til 2015.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
lose 15lb
cycle further
get a better bike

getting some distance cycling in.

as well as losing my cycling mojo i have also had a dodgy knee. i did a couple of short rides this year and my mojo was back, but the worry about the knee limited me and made me a bit scared to go too far. i've got a home trainer now, so i plan to build up my stamina and see how the knee goes... then aim for the ride london 100.

other than that... try and get my life sorted. it's a mess, in many ways.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
The project leader is a qualified metalurgist...he also stated that it has been 30 years since qualifying and so feels he would be near useless in this field if asked now. It doesn't behave like other fluids and that is why they brought the denver dude in....he has 40 years of practical experience in this but still lost as the properties in flow dramatically change as the media gets harder.

What field of expertise did you apply your acquired knowledge in ?

Denver on the Cambs/Norfolk border?

Top Bottom