New Year aspirations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
On a non cycling theme, I would like to expand my business and hire my first employees. I would like to have offices and start to commute to them, a new bike needed surely...

On a cycling theme, I would like to ride probably five rides of a hundred miles, hit 4,000 miles for the year and hit a 22mph average over a loop of at least 20 miles.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
To not get involved in meaningless conversations/arguements.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
One of my aspirations, getting back on topic, would be to improve my language skills. I was taught languages in what would now be described as an old-fashioned way. We did oodles of reading, writing and memorising verbs etc.
It worked for me, using that method. All the on-line resources that I have found are based on conversation.

I understand that it depends on the level you aspire to. If you want to achieve real fluency in a foreign language then you need to do it the way you do it, then layer conversation on top. If you just want to be able to communicate then just concentrate on conversation.
Eg. I speak ok-ish Mandarin. However I have never bothered to learn it "properly" by reading and writing. Instead I just learn conversationally. As a result I will never be truly fluent

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Going to re-start my wildlife photography, put on hold as I didn't have a camera that was able to take the shots I needed (the last one broke beyond repair), get back on the bike (no cycling since March :sad::cry:) and complete my move to Hong Kong.

Not a bad list :becool:

Top Bottom