New Year aspirations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
To finish my book, and write another.

To lose 2kg and to break 18.30 minutes for the 5k, 38 minutes for the 10k and 1.30 for the half.

To be a better person.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I finally managed to ride up Ditchling Beacon this year, but it was on a 50/39/28 triple with an 11/28 cassette. My new love has a compact 50/34 and a 13/29 cassette. That will be struggle on the same hill, but it is a challenge. I may well end up walking.

asterix

Comrade Member
Am planning to cycle up Mt Ventoux in record time again.

..by 'again' I mean plan again. I haven't cycled up it once yet let alone in record time. ..and by record time, I mean personal not world record. ..and I'll probably cycle up the Alpe d'Huez instead anyway. But otherwise, yeah that's 2014 sorted..

Lullabelle

Banana
Due to problems with my feet I have done very little exercise these past couple of years, I just want to get back into running and feel better in myself

apb

Veteran
1) i'm going to stop using strava so much. Stop recording every time i get on the bike. out of the usual rides, no commuting.

2) Stop pining for more bikes and enjoy what i have. (I can't afford them and don't need them)

The first will be relatively easy, the 2nd will be a challenge.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
1) i'm going to stop using strava so much. Stop recording every time i get on the bike. out of the usual rides, no commuting.

2) Stop pining for more bikes and enjoy what i have. (I can't afford them and don't need them)

Apart from seeing the year out I'm going to try to cycle daily an aspiration that I'll not shed tears over if I don't make it.

Use all three of my bikes regularly. It's nice to look at them but nicer to ride them.

Rouge79

Eat more healthily

Ride LOTS more than this year and try to reach at least 4000km.

Actually go on my holiday and NOT cancel this time

Buy a CX bike in December

Meet a nice (or bad :angel:) danish girl in CPH, fall head over heals in love, move over there and leave this country as its becoming a joke and leave it to the Tories and UKIP :popcorn:

and

stop dreaming :whistle:

rich p

ridiculous old lush

I have come to the conclusion that, barring accidents and breakages, I will probably never again buy another bike and very, very little kit. Sad innit.

tyred

Legendary Member
2013 was my best year ever in almost all respects so I want to continue to work on my mental health issues and continue to improve my self esteem and self confidence, develop more hobbies, meet more people and basically leave the black years of depression in my teens and 20s behind me. Anything else is secondary.

From a cycling point of view, my mileage was actually a few thousand less than in other recent years in 2013 but it is because I have found other hobbies which have taken up some of my cycling time. 2013 also saw me tackle a modest 4 day tour with an average of about 60 leisurely but often seriously hilly miles per day. I want to build on what I have learned from that to do more touring next year.

Top Bottom