New Year Audax Resolutions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarcA

With the end of the Audax year this weekend, have you yet got any audax targets for next year in mind?

This was my first audax year and I was aiming to complete a Brevet 500 (5*100k) which I have achieved and also completed my first 100 mile audax (and indeed first 100 mile ride ever).

My modest target for next year is to complete a Randonneur 50, which will require my first 200k ride. I would also like to be a bit quicker.

stevevw

Guru
Complete a 600

Camrider

I've come rather late to this game this season so after Sunday will have only have ridden 2 100's. Have been looking at next years rides and my 1st target is to work my way up to a couple of 200k rides.

If that goes well I might have a crack at the Audax UK National 400 out of Hempnall Norfolk.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ok next year will be my first year of doing Audax and I'm going for ambitious goals:

1. An SR (100, 200, 400 and 600 I believe??)
2. Grimpeur du Sud (which I understand is completing 5 hilly rides in the South)

My main problem I think is going to be getting to these things as there don't seem to be many near me. However I'm sure I'll work it out even if I have to ride to the start.

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Did my first audax last weekend, and I'm aiming to get Randonneur 1000 next year.

I'll get the 100k's out of they way by doing the Norfolk Nips over the winter - brrrrrr!!

When it's the 300k, it'll be the furthest that I've ever ridden :wacko:

MarcA, did you do the Silly Suffolk? I kept an eye out for a Cayo but to no avail :biggrin:

Glover Fan

This year was my first Audax season, just about to gain my first AAA points with the Dartmoor Devil. Completed a 200k this year which I am happy with.

I think next year I would really like to complete a 400k, specifically the Avalon 400.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
My modest target for next year is to complete a Randonneur 50, which will require my first 200k ride. I would also like to be a bit quicker.
My aim for this year was to complete a Randonneur 500, but unfortunately knee difficulties stopped me riding anything over 150k.

Good news is the knee is much, much better, so that's one toaim for next year. Another brevet 500 would be good, and am also interested in the National 400.

In an attempt to get more women into Audax, am also grooming several cycling buddies to ride a local 100k in March. The promise of quality cake has more or less sold it to them already :thumbsup:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Last year was my first season, and I managed one 200k and another 200 that I finished out of time.

This year I'm hoping for 5 x 200, a 300 and a 400 - though I'm really going to have to work on my weight to have a chance with the longer ones
blush.gif

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I try not to plan too much just fit calendar rides in when I can.

This was my first Audax year managed to complete a 200 plus about 6 100 / 150 rides,

Also did a gold Grimpeur (Wesley May 100) Enjoyed the company and the rides. Starting the next year off with a 200 on Nov 5th (Transporter)

Top Bottom