New Year Audax Resolutions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ach that sounds achieveable then and I think I just lack confidence and I'd be beating myself up about it for the next year if I didn't complete it in enough time or at all. I'm hoping to have a new bike in time for it so that should help too.
Pamela, if you're getting a lighter faster bike within the next week or so and then just ride it and ride it... you'll be fine!! (Is it a Dolce?? :smile: :thumbsup:)

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Oops, apologies - think I looked at the wrong ride - the Dave Hudson rides have 15kph minimum, so about 6hrs and 40mins, so a bit less time :blush:
I was intrigued, so I checked. Dave's 100s vary between 13 and 15kph. No idea why, except it might be to do with opening times of commercial controls.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
The Audax year is very rapidly coming to a close (Sunday!), so am just wondering how everyone got on with their Audax ambitions?

After writing off 2011, 2012 ended up being a good year - my knee problems seem to be (touch wood) more or less a thing of the past, so am pleased to report that from my wish-list below, I completed the Randonneur 500 award (a 50k, 100k, 150k and 200k), feature on the Brevet 500 list again (5 x 100k rides) and after a flying start in March, my cycling friends have gone on to enjoy numerous Audax rides and a lot of cake :thumbsup:

My attempt at golden AAA glory is in a few weeks' time when I attempt to ride the Dartmoor Devil at the end of Oct...wish me luck...

My aim for this year was to complete a Randonneur 500, but unfortunately knee difficulties stopped me riding anything over 150k.

Good news is the knee is much, much better, so that's one to aim for next year. Another brevet 500 would be good, and am also interested in the National 400.

In an attempt to get more women into Audax, am also grooming several cycling buddies to ride a local 100k in March. The promise of quality cake has more or less sold it to them already :thumbsup:
Oooh yes, and a gold AAA badge would be a nice addition. My knees might beg to differ though...

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I have not done a single audax yet and will hang my head in shame. I'm quite gutted actually and it's a combination of a busy social life, most audax start points being a pain in the arse to get to so early on a Sunday morning and a boyfriend who's a very fairweather cyclist. Next year will be my year. Maybe :thumbsup:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I also have done no Audaxes at all. Was planning on doing an SR (cos I wanted a medal). Oh well. I have done numerous rides over 100 miles though and at least 3 over 180 miles so it's not all bad.

And I did cycle from Welling to Nelson in one go, solo which I still think is an achievement.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Got one more 200 to do to complete RRTY. Nice thing is I didnt realise I was doing RRTY until I had done 2 or months worth and most of the winter behind me.:smile:

RRTY isnt tied to the Audax Year so I can ride the final ride in October which is technically in 2012/2013 season.

Fingers crossed I manage to do one in October to finish the 12. good Luck to everyone else in whatever challenges you set youirselves.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Ride more events than I have ridden this year.

A modest target seing that I've only ridden 1 x 100km and 1 x 50km.

November, December and January were out of commission while I recovered from a bout of chronic cellulitis in my left leg. October has also been removed as the Audax calender ends today leaving eight months to riide.

I have comfortably exceeded my target with:

2 x 150km rides
17 x 100km 'flat' rides
1 x 100km 2AAA ride

1000km Brevet Award
2000km Brevet Award

wanda2010

Guru
I have not done a single audax yet and will hang my head in shame. I'm quite gutted actually and it's a combination of a busy social life, most audax start points being a pain in the arse to get to so early on a Sunday morning and a boyfriend who's a very fairweather cyclist. Next year will be my year. Maybe :thumbsup:

Same here - without the boyfriend bit though :smile:. Next year for sure.

ACS

Legendary Member
Failed to make any of my 2011 Audax resolutions.
Tour of East Lothian in Feb - just love climbing the Rigg in the snow.
Deeside Loop as a warm up for Snow Roads.
Would like to do a SR in my 55th year but waiting to see if I can conquer the 300 first.

Top Bottom