New Year Audax Resolutions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beaker39

This was my first year really after only doing a couple the year before so was quite surprised when I just checked my rides on the Audax site. I have managed 1x300, 8x200, 1x150, 8x100 and managed 28 AAA points :ohmy: Not bad for a fatty!!

Don't really have any targets for next year apart from trying to do the same again but explore a little further afield if possible. Roll on 2012.

OP
OP
M

MarcA

MarcA, did you do the Silly Suffolk? I kept an eye out for a Cayo but to no avail

Yes. Were were a bit late to the start and were collecting our cards when everyone left. Didn't manage to catch up. There were a few cyclists at the first control but not sure if they were on the audax or not. At the second control we got caught by some people doing the 200. Finished just in time at 7.15 in the dark. Enjoyed it and my first time at that dstance. Good weather for the time of year and no hills!

How did you get on?

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
MarcA, did you do the Silly Suffolk? I kept an eye out for a Cayo but to no avail

Yes. Were were a bit late to the start and were collecting our cards when everyone left. Didn't manage to catch up. There were a few cyclists at the first control but not sure if they were on the audax or not. At the second control we got caught by some people doing the 200. Finished just in time at 7.15 in the dark. Enjoyed it and my first time at that dstance. Good weather for the time of year and no hills!

How did you get on?

Yeah you're right, very lucky with the weather and no hills, but the flickin' wind was a right pain :wacko:

Finished at 5 o'clock, I liked the controls but I had another version of the route sheet (with distances)which didn't tally exactly with the original, so I had to keep checking route on google maps, luckily even in the middle of nowhere I could get mobile internet :biggrin:

Here's to next years campaign :thumbsup:

Albert

Über Member
My ambition is small:
I plan to do at least one hopefully three or four 100k Audax in 2012. I've ridden this distance+ a few times, but never in an event.

Noodley

Do a 100.
And a 200 if I find a flat one. That ain't happening tho cos they all have great big bloody hills in them round here!

the snail

Guru
Well my RRTY went belly up this week with a DNF, so I think it's start again in January for that.. or maybe February, plus SR in preparation for LEL. Best laid plans of mice etc, we'll see.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Good stuff! Might see some of you on the road. Anyone going to the AGM next month?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
My ambition is small:
I plan to do at least one hopefully three or four 100k Audax in 2012. I've ridden this distance+ a few times, but never in an event.

Pick your events carefully. For your first one choose an event with a low minimum average speed e.g. 10km/hr which will give you a generous ten hours to complete the ride.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Could someone please explain (in simple words) DIY? I would like to do an SR in 2012, does DIY mean I can set my own course? My main issue is the 600, I have, on recommendation, the Brian Chapman. However if I can just ride 600km it makes things a bit easier

frank9755

Cyclist
Could someone please explain (in simple words) DIY? I would like to do an SR in 2012, does DIY mean I can set my own course? My main issue is the 600, I have, on recommendation, the Brian Chapman. However if I can just ride 600km it makes things a bit easier

For your first 600 I would strongly recommend doing one of the established calendar events with a large field rather than a DIY.
One of the biggest benefits of these rides is the advice you get, when you need it, from people who have done it before, a few words at the right moment being worth more than a book-full at any other time. Also a 600 can be a hard and lonely journey, even during a big event. It's a big help when you find someone with compatible speed to ride with during the night sections. Overtaking others on the road, and being overtaken also provide occasional lifts.

yello

plus SR in preparation for LEL

LEL is in 2013. An SR is good prep; so one in 2012 and again in 2013 would be an excellent idea!

I'm planning an SR series myself next year and then then 1200 out of Tours. I don't know which SR rides I'll do, that depends on the calendar and location.

Other than that, I'd also like to do a section of the Eurovelo 6, from Nevers to Budapest perhaps. I haven't done any touring in a good while and my bike's beginning to sulk!

Top Bottom