New York Times photo essay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You've got fans on another forum. Cycling UK. Thanks for the pics. Sorry I mentioned helmets, it's like religion in the UK it seems.
Yeah, I saw that thread! Please don't mention the h-word, it rarely makes for friendly discussion (or just keep it in the designated areas :smile: )

Amac

Hey, great photos and article, a great advert for both England and cycling, great stuff really inspiring.

gzoom

Über Member
@hoopdriver Amazing pictures but also amazing writing, I love the line 'These images though.....'

The way our countryside changes through the seasons it something I love about cycling, and every time I try to explain it to people it comes out sounding boring.....I'll point them to your article next time ^_^.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The photographs are beautiful

It helps to appreciate that whilst where we live may not be next door to the Taj Mahal or the Sydney Opera House, there is always something interesting, something evocative and picturesque if we take time to have a look

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru
The photographs are beautiful

It helps to appreciate that whilst where we live may not be next door to the Taj Mahal or the Sydney Opera House, there is always something interesting, something evocative and picturesque if we take time to have a look
So true - and once you start looking you quickly gain appreciation and interest. And there’s no better way to look around than from the saddle if a bicycle

Cathryn

Legendary Member
For the past year of the lockdown I've been going out each morning with camera and tripod and shooting my mortning bicycle rides as though they were travel features. This morning the New York Times ran a collection of my images as a photo essay intheir The World Through a Lens travel series: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/05/travel/sussex-bicycle-portraits.html
I just found your pics (and posted them on another thread which I have requested be taken down). Your photos are fabulous - absolutely beautiful. Congratulations.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I put a lot of thought and effort into producing these and it's lovely to have such nice feedback. Thank you.

I like the Edward Hopper-inspired photo. A couple of years ago a school friend of mine bought and renovated a pub just around the corner from where the photo was taken. Just in time for C19.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I don't know how long I have been following your Instagram but the photos are always stunning & uplifting !

So pleased they're getting the recognition they deserve. Please keep it up !

Top Bottom