newbie reporting in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimano

Hi Folks, Having cycled extensively in my (long ago) youth I now find myself relying on the bike more and more. I've always had a bike (currently a two wheeled Mondeo apparently:biggrin:) but as Oddball noted the seat takes some getting used to again...:biggrin:
After a bit of an overhaul (the bike not me tho' I need it more) I did 32 miles today which I'm quite pleased with although the average speed of 9 miles an hour is a tad embarrassing :biggrin:(there's loads of hilly bits - honest), maybe that cycle computer isn't set accurately...;)
Anyway, I hope to start picking a few brains shortly as I have a wee techy question to ask:smile:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Hi Shimano and welcome to the lion's den. The distance you mention is not to be sneezed at and the times will get better if you want them to. As long as you are enjoying it, what matter?

Anyway feel free to ask whatever questions you desire. There will always be someone on here to assist.

OP
OP
S

shimano

Hey, give me a break! Someone please tell me what's wrong with 'Shimano'???? I was casting around for a username and looked at my bike and that's what it's got in big silver letters down the saddle stem! Obviously it has that make of gears and although top gear isn't really as tall as I'd like they work fine for me!

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Allow me to enlighten you.

There are two camps: the Shimano-sans and the Campagnistas who are sworn to kill the other group as soon as they get sight of them. Your name just means that on this forum alone there are at least two hundred people who want to kill you. Otherwise it's a completely friendly place.

There are bound to be safer names on your bike. Or you could go for gears that offend nobody like Rohloff or Sturmey-Archer (hub gears just don't cause wars).

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Andy in Sig said:
There are bound to be safer names on your bike. Or you could go for gears that offend nobody like Rohloff or Sturmey-Archer (hub gears just don't cause wars).

:smile::biggrin::biggrin:

I've often wondered if I'd meet a guy with the surname Sturmey, coz we'd just HAVE to get married...

Hub gears don't cause wars among hub gear users perhaps, but I bet you could start a war with bonj over them...:biggrin:

OP
OP
S

shimano

ah, excellent! sounds like the perfect name then really. Anyone who takes the hump over someone else's name, colour, religion or whatever is not worth speaking to anyway. I bought a bicycle not a life statement.

Danny

Legendary Member
shimano said:
I bought a bicycle not a life statement.
Welcome aboard - great to see a newbie willing to play with fire so early on ;)

I shall be following your career with interest.

Moonlight

Welcome! good to see shimano about, we usually get shi**y campag lovers.

I'm joking btw!

I love all breeds of cyclists =]

Top Bottom