News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
I don't think I posted this before but for the first time in maybe 17 years......i have all the break between Xmas and the new year off. :hyper:

I managed to wrangle it weeks ago and every now and then I remember I've got it off....and smile :smile:
When I was working, I refused to work out because of several other ' events ' that get celebrated that week...

Reactions: gbb

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
When I was working, I refused to work out because of several other ' events ' that get celebrated that week...

The great advantage of working that period is that very few others are, the trains are quiet, with very few commuters

D

Deleted member 1258

I've done my usual Thursday loop this morning, an excellent and enjoyable mornings cycling, but slightly spoilt by two minor incidents, that's more incidents in one morning than I've had in the last six months. I've had a close pass, I had someone dive between me and oncoming traffic, nobody was impressed. and a lorry driver pull across the front of me, he was backing into a factory and swung it across the other side of the road, he either didn't see me or didn't realize how quick I was travelling. Unusually I was furious with both of them, normally I ride cold and don't react to these things.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I fly to France in 4 days, and a few days after that, will be cycling in the Pyrénées again, this time for 4 glorious weeks, enough time to more thoroughly explore the Haute Pyrénées, with a little bit of the Pyrénées Atlantique and the Haute Garonne on either side. :hyper:
:bicycle: I just hope my legs are up to the challenge.

By the way, what's wrong with this thread? I noticed the 2nd last post was from my last overseas cycling trip well over a year ago. Where's the excitement gone? :scratch:

classic33

Leg End Member
I fly to France in 4 days, and a few days after that, will be cycling in the Pyrénées again, this time for 4 glorious weeks, enough time to more thoroughly explore the Haute Pyrénées, with a little bit of the Pyrénées Atlantique and the Haute Garonne on either side. :hyper:
:bicycle: I just hope my legs are up to the challenge.

By the way, what's wrong with this thread? I noticed the 2nd last post was from my last overseas cycling trip well over a year ago. Where's the excitement gone? :scratch:
Does it mean you'll be going a bit slower on the descents, to allow you take in the views?

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Sorry, I don't know what I did wrong, but when I composed the previous post, I could have sworn another one of mine from last year was the 2nd last post in this thread, which clearly isn't the case. As for taking in the views, there's heaps of time to do that on the ascents.
cycling-smiley-uphill.gif

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
The excitment got to you!
Actually, I realised what I did wrong: I clicked the thread title, and CC then took me straight to the last post unread by me, which turned out to be the post following my last post from last year. For some stupid reason, I didn't see that there were several more pages of unread posts after it.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
[QUOTE 5367316, member: 9609"]we need more detail than that - make and model?[/QUOTE]
Don't know the models but the first car was a Farrari, possibly a 488. Then a lamborgini,
IMG-20180831-WA0001.jpg
]
After that was an Aston Martin, followed by a Nissan GTR and then followed up with an Ariel Atom. Got up to 148mph in that. A really good fun day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom