News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
News just in, grandaughter (16l has just been accepted for a work experience placement at a vets up north early next year...we live in Peterborough.
She is so self driven, sorted accomodation, how to get their by train etc etc.
Achieving school grades 9s (one with a distinction ) 8s and a 7 i think, considering joining the army to further her vetinary ambitions.
She is one of the cleverest things to emerge from our family in three generations, a shining star, intelligence wise and for her inner beauty. :wub:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Zoe Backstedt won the Junior Women's race at the European Cyclocross Championships earlier today, finishing over a minute ahead of second place.

postman

Legendary Member
We had a delivery of mail on Sunday.They must have staffing problems.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Today we had seven different items of junk mail,and only onne item of real mail.It must be a nightmare being a postie now.Seven times every household plus the mail.Poor souls Gawd knows when they finish as the walks get longer and longer.
We keep getting letters with the right house number but a completely different street and the new bloke leaves the gate open even if he delivers to nrxt door (and not us) probably because of the way the paths are set up meaning it gets him further down the street than going out of their gate. I hope it's a temporary thing and it's cos our old postie is on holiday or something, he was a nice guy but knocking on a bit.

D

Deleted member 1258

We keep getting letters with the right house number but a completely different street and the new bloke leaves the gate open even if he delivers to nrxt door (and not us) probably because of the way the paths are set up meaning it gets him further down the street than going out of their gate. I hope it's a temporary thing and it's cos our old postie is on holiday or something, he was a nice guy but knocking on a bit.

The name of our road is similar to the next road, one word difference, we sometime get each others post, as its only round the corner we just take it round.

Top Bottom