News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Big promotion at work today:hyper:

Who was it?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Checking his profile.
I've done a search through my old messages and my PMs from when I first joined and can't find that reference. Found this though :laugh:
Hi Phil,
thanks for the reply. I will try the boiling water tomorrow. I am not worried about the paint, as I would like to strip and repaint the frame.
What is stripped, well almost, I can still grip it with a wrench, is the bit of the tool (the nut) that you are supposed to turn to finally undo the crank. This nut is now almost a smooth round: I must be really forceful for a wee woman :laugh:
The thread in the crank seems to be ok, I can see that the bit I'm supposed to screw in it is not even reaching it.
Thanks again, will keep you updated :hello:
:eek: Remind me not to annoy you.
And a sad story I'd half forgotten about :sad::
I understand. It is shocking when it comes close like that.

Some time back, while I was still running the rickshaw I had a pleasant chat with a guy who was interested in the trike and asked my opinion of using a cycle trailer to carry his fishing gear. Within a week he was involved in an armed siege and shot a policeman before shooting himself. I'd never have guessed he'd do something like that!

Sorry to take the thread off topic like this.

presta

Guru
My coffee tastes like swill. Mrs C put those shite fragrant beans in the machine. Arse!
In my student days they had a vending machine in the refectory with a rotary knob instead of push buttons, so someone stuck their money in and tried turning it whilst it was vending. After much graunching and mangling of gears, out came a cocktail of tea, coffee, vegetable soup, hot chocolate, and blackcurrant juice. I don't recall any takers.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
And you telling me to check Pat 5mph's profile.
Surely you remember wrong?
More probably @Rickshaw Phil was telling you not to stalk Pat, in case she torques your intimate bits :whistle:
Phil, eventually I did realize the tool was made of cheese: got a better one that worked instantly ^_^
I can't believe it's been 10 years since "deer hunting man" :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Surely you remember wrong?
More probably @Rickshaw Phil was telling you not to stalk Pat, in case she torques your intimate bits :whistle:
Phil, eventually I did realize the tool was made of cheese: got a better one that worked instantly ^_^
I can't believe it's been 10 years since "deer hunting man" :laugh:
Check your profile was the advice given by him. You said I was obsessed, others said possessed.

How's your tomato plans going?

gbb

Legendary Member
Another step on our 16 yo grandaughters dream, she's up north, spending a week at a vetinary practice.
One of the top achievers ever at her Academy school, she's utterly driven. Always an eye for detail she devised plan C, studying environmental issues relating to animal husbandry, in case anything goes wrong with plan A or B.
Apparently today, among other things, she's been sifting through horse poo :tongue: looking for egg cases (parasite ones perhaps )
A shining star within the family :wub:

gbb

Legendary Member
Another step on our 16 yo grandaughters dream, she's up north, spending a week at a vetinary practice.
One of the top achievers ever at her Academy school, she's utterly driven. Always an eye for detail she devised plan C, studying environmental issues relating to animal husbandry, in case anything goes wrong with plan A or B.
Apparently today, among other things, she's been sifting through horse poo :tongue: looking for egg cases (parasite ones perhaps )
A shining star within the family :wub:
The week is over, she's gutted (its over), thoroughly enjoyed it, warts an all.
Now she tells us she has a application in with a Cambridge University for a 3 week students Stem Cell research course. I assume this is universities way of assessing future talent.
She was due to do school project last year relating to genetics, it all got cancelled because of Covid?

We made ash trays and spice racks at school , genetic engineering nowadays, things really have changed

Top Bottom