Next Road Bike - Advice Welcome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cyclone1

Cyclone1

Well they had no bikes with campag so cannot comment on that and what I saw of sram I personally thought it was a bit flimsy and too thin .
So went with 105 seems sturdy enough
Yes SRAM is definitely the least appealing visually. 105 works really well and is great on my Cube. I just fancy a change hence going for SRAM this time.

I'll hopefully be placing my order Tuesday. Are you going for black / white / yellow or blue?

Jules

stevey

Guru
Yes SRAM is definitely the least appealing visually. 105 works really well and is great on my Cube. I just fancy a change hence going for SRAM this time.

I'll hopefully be placing my order Tuesday. Are you going for black / white / yellow or blue?

Jules
Going for the black/white and blue combo with blue bar tape.

Will order it next sat have to sort out the finances and it stated a 3 week waiting list at the moment.....:sad: Sure it will be worth it though:becool:

OP
OP
Cyclone1

Cyclone1

All done ^_^

I decided on Rival instead of Force 22, primarily as it will be a new group set to me and If on the small chance we don't gel, then would rather it be with the cheaper option. It then left the decision between the frames, I decided against the Tuono as I see that type of frame or similar as an option in a couple of years times, as I will no doubt look to change bikes again, at which point I will have greater knowledge and experience of what specification suits me.

I have bought a L'Etape with SRAM Rival and the standard Miche Reflex RX5 wheel set. However, I have also bought separately some Campagnolo Zonda wheels and Schwalbe Ultremo ZX tyres, along with an Easton EA70 handlebar which will be fitted as part of the build.

Thanks for all of the input, just got to wait a couple of weeks now.....oh and I will do a few back to back comparisons with my Peloton Race, e.g. Weight, ride, times etc......

Jules.

OP
OP
Cyclone1

Cyclone1

Well had an email to say the bike will be ready middle of next week :bicycle: , so in the mean time have been busy buying a few extra bits such as new shoes, gloves, helmet and a carbon seat post. I've also been recording times etc on my regular routes so I can compare against the Cube....sad but true :laugh: . Will also compare weights :whistle:

I'll post the new parts not used in the build (Miche Rx5 Reflex wheel set with Conti Ultra tyres, Deda RHM01 handlebars and Deda alloy seat post 27.2mm) in the classifieds after collection, will also have an Easton EC70 carbon seat post 31.6mm I bought by mistake!

Jules

OP
OP
Cyclone1

Cyclone1

Well I drove up to Ormskirk this afternoon to collect my bike from Dolan Bikes.............

As per my previous visit the staff at Dolan were great, we spent a bit of time checking the size was right, changing the stem size from 120mm to 90mm, adjusting the handle bars etc, until it "felt right".

The bike looks great and I can't wait to get out and ride it. I'll also post up some pictures tomorrow when it's light.

One thing I have checked is the weight of the bike, now bearing in mind this is the largest frame they do (XL) I was hoping for mid to low 8's, however I was shocked to see it weigh in at only 7.7kg :eek: , very impressive...

Very happy!!

Jules

stevey

Guru
Well I drove up to Ormskirk this afternoon to collect my bike from Dolan Bikes.............

As per my previous visit the staff at Dolan were great, we spent a bit of time checking the size was right, changing the stem size from 120mm to 90mm, adjusting the handle bars etc, until it "felt right".

The bike looks great and I can't wait to get out and ride it. I'll also post up some pictures tomorrow when it's light.

One thing I have checked is the weight of the bike, now bearing in mind this is the largest frame they do (XL) I was hoping for mid to low 8's, however I was shocked to see it weigh in at only 7.7kg :eek: , very impressive...

Very happy!!

Jules
Waiting patiently for mine too..... Cannot wait

OP
OP
Cyclone1

Cyclone1

Mine still says processing, so might be worth ringing them or dropping them an email....
Jules
Hope not keep checking my dolan account status is saying processing although it's only been 10 days so maybe next week :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Cyclone1

Cyclone1

image.jpg
Here's the new machine, very impressed and itching to get out on it.

Jules

Top Bottom