NFTs (Non-fungible token)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

irw

Quadricyclist
Thanks for that @Seevio - good explanation.
Turns out it's even dumber than I thought!
I made it to eight minutes before I got totally fed up and bored...

irw

Quadricyclist
Fair enough, it does go on a bit. It was one of the first explanations I came across. I assume you have a link to a better explanation?
Not at all. Wasn’t intended as a dig at the quality of your link, apologies if it came across that way- It was simply a way of expressing my thoughts on the subject and how I don’t really ‘get it’. :scratch:

PaulSB

Legendary Member

I think I now know a bit more than I did before. Mainly this seems to confirm there are some very stupid people in the world.

Same applies to cryptocurrency I imagine. That appears to be an opportunity to buy something which doesn't exist and can't be used in real life.

It's no wonder scammers exist.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
This is unique, yours for £512,934

83994491-DB13-414F-91DF-CBF16DA489EC.jpeg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
As it's unique I'll take 2...

Just transfer £1,785,413 into my Bitcoin account

3d22cd77ef696749c92a2819790206f363fe075f9be87848553d60317680eeae8de52e65e5377f4e

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The thing is... :whistle:

If you think about it, there have always been schemes like this. Maybe not involving complex computer calculations, but the sale of essentially useless items for vast sums of money.

For example, the art world has always been a bit crazy. A Van Gogh painting is deemed to be worth tens of millions of pounds. The very same painting suddenly becomes virtually worthless if it is discovered to be a brilliant forgery.

The financial value of something is purely what someone would be willing to pay for it.

I like watching Aussie Gold Hunters but it always strikes me as being a bit crazy that somone can make a huge amount of money by digging up a chunk of metal that they can hold in one hand. 5 kg of gold today would go for around a quarter of a million pounds!

NFTs may seem obviously stupid but they are not really a lot more stupid than other very stupid things that people DON'T realise are stupid! :laugh:

Top Bottom