NHS Volunteering..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Dear Sir/Madam,

Congratulations and welcome to our community! You are now a NHS Volunteer Responder and can start supporting your community and NHS by assisting with vital requests needed during such a crucial time.

Please download the GoodSAM Responder app

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Brother has done his first volunteer job today.

He was sent to do the food shopping for a mother with two children.

He went to her door, took her list and her contactless card, then went to the shop, did the shopping, including a phone call to check an out of stock item, then back to her house with the goods.

Taking the bank card surprised me, but brother said the rules were it had to be contactless so the volunteer didn't take the PIN number.

No protective equipment, although he was given an anti-virus cleaning spray and a few wipes.

Overall, brother said he was only out of the house for about an hour, and he found the system was efficient and worked well.

That seems at odds with the rules on the App:

We are in the process of developing more flexible payment options and will email to update you as they emerge. You are not permitted to take an isolating persons’ bank card to a cashpoint to withdraw money on their behalf or pay for shopping contactless or pin payments.

vickster

Legendary Member
I signed on for Wednesday as wasn’t working, but no calls. I’m signed on for today too, again no call yet

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
That seems at odds with the rules on the App:

We are in the process of developing more flexible payment options and will email to update you as they emerge. You are not permitted to take an isolating persons’ bank card to a cashpoint to withdraw money on their behalf or pay for shopping contactless or pin payments.

I mentioned in my first post that brother is not certain under which auspices he volunteered.

He did so online following the appeal, but it may have been a locally organised scheme.

vickster

Legendary Member
I mentioned in my first post that brother is not certain under which auspices he volunteered.

He did so online following the appeal, but it may have been a locally organised scheme.
If it’s through the GoodSam app via RVS it’ll be the official NHS scheme

Top Bottom