Nice and bad drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aembleton

Their roads do look a lot quieter than London which must help.

OP
OP
P_Dalen

P_Dalen

Indeed! Oslo' traffic is not that peaceful at all times and locations, though. These videos may not show the entire picture...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
To be fair in London, almost all drivers are very nice. It's only a bad few that spoil it. I think I might put up perhaps 1 in 5000 driver interactions, it just doesn't take very long to encounter that many drivers on my longish commute.

OP
OP
P_Dalen

P_Dalen

I fully agree that the vast majority of car drivers behave well. Of course. If it wasn't so, I wouldn't dare cycling at all.

But only 1 of 5000? Isn't that underrated? Where I ride, I would estimate that about one percent or so of the drivers show a bad beaviour against cyclists. It depend of course on what you consider as good and bad...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Yeah, I guess it depends on where you define the cut-off. For me it's feeling enough irritation to put them up on my youtube channel. That's far less than a serious incident, but more than a minor mistake.

Jezston

Über Member
How does that 'not a roundabout' work then?

Oh and you should have let that pedestrian finish crossing after that douchebag pickup driver beeped you, but I guess you were in a bad mood so I'll let you off ;) What did you say? I'm guessing it wasn't in english but my brain intepreted it as "I'm going to kick! Your arse".

benb

Evidence based cyclist
5-10% are a bit useless, and overtake too close.
0.5% are worse, and overtake very close
0.1% are homicidal

Numbers were plucked from my @rse.

OP
OP
P_Dalen

P_Dalen

How does that 'not a roundabout' work then?

Oh and you should have let that pedestrian finish crossing after that douchebag pickup driver beeped you, but I guess you were in a bad mood so I'll let you off ;) What did you say? I'm guessing it wasn't in english but my brain intepreted it as "I'm going to kick! Your arse".

That roundabout is probably more an example of bad traffic engineering than bad driving. It may look like a roundabout, but there are no signs indicating yield or priority. Hence, you should yield for traffic from the right just as in an ordinary intersection. I was a little pig-headed there, I had no hard feelings for the driver indeed.

I thought I let the pedestrian cross without interfering , didn't I? I must admit i tried to catch up the Chevy to capture the driver's face on camera in the next junction, but I was too slow...

What I said? I won't translate it directly, but it was one word associated with male reproductive organ, and another word associated with the personification of evil power...!

OP
OP
P_Dalen

P_Dalen

Another incident on my commute a couple of weeks ago.
Despite the reduced speed limit (30 km/h due to roadwork), the driver has nothing on his mind except from overtaking this bloody cyclist (me). He obviously completely ignores the kids that are about to cross at the pedestrian crossing.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jixGPDJvjis

Rebel Ian

On the roundabout one you could see the second car was going to go. I'd have backed off irrespective of who had right of way.

Top Bottom