Nice and bad drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P_Dalen

P_Dalen

"Securitas' three fundamental values are: Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness. They serve as guidance for all of our employees in building trust with customers, colleagues and the surrounding community." (www.securitas.com)

Need I say more?

I may possibly add that the speed limit is 30 km/h (which is my speed) due to roadwork, partly in the cycle lane.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yPzqO4UrT80

(e-mail w/link sent to HR Manager and Quality Manager in the company's Norwegian branch).

Stephenite

Membå
That was very close. I see you got a positive response from the e-mail.

I enjoyed your SCR video. I used to commute myself down (and up again) Ullevålsveien when i lived in Ullevål. Nice fast ride downhill, but long on the way up.

Just noticed your 'red light jumping' video. You ride up that hill pretty fast. Reminds of a time when a young, drunken guy leaving a bar (Cafe Marhaba, a little further down on Akersgata) tried to race me. He was on a pink DBS Combi :wub: I let him ride alongside me for a bit and we had a laugh with his legs spinning around, then I moved up a couple of gears and sped off.

Off topic:

Looking for advice:- My job is moving to Jessheim (40km away) next month and i'm thinking about cycling to Oslo centre to take the train each day. I realise Oslo Sentral stasjon is a den of thieves, but i was thinking of buying a used hybrid for about 1000 - 2000kr from Ilas. I would lock up the bike well, of course. Just wondering what you think about leaving a bike there at all??

Anyway, happy riding.

OP
OP
P_Dalen

P_Dalen

Thanks! I would never have left a bike at Oslo S, but maybe if you buy a really inattractive one? These locks are quite robust and yet so cheap that you may buy a couple and have them installed at certain fixed locations. I have one at home (inside a locked bicycle stall) and one at work (in a locked backyard in the city).

What about riding through Østmarka (gravelled road Skullerud-Mariholtet-Lørenskog) and go by train from Lillestrøm?

Another truck driver in Ullevålsveien/Colletts gate, compensating his inferiority feelings through aggressivity:

View: http://www.youtube.com/user/DelVeien#p/a/u/2/6tOaBwU4fxU

Top Bottom