Nickyboy's 2020 LEJOG for Down's Syndrome Association

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

netman

Veteran
Bunged a pony in - will do the same again when you finish - great cause and best of luck...

classic33

Leg End Member
No fundraising target. If folk want to donate that's great. If folk want to just watch me suffer (I will try to post daily on CC as I hopefully progress) that's great too.

Having seen first hand how the DSA support parents of babies at a very difficult time I hope I can manage to raise a decent amount.
Best o'luck to the lot of you. And remember to have fun.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
1573732274444.png

Great cause Nick, and this will mean a lot to many people.

Here's to hoping we can move that decimal point (at least) two places to the right to make a significant contribution and fingers crossed we also enjoy the preparation and the actual challenge.

I was just going to point out that the participants are self funding all the associated costs for logistics, accommodation and food, but I see you have already mentioned it. This means that all donations (less the unavoidable small fee taken by VirginMoneyGiving) will go to the charity and not be misdirected to fund any of the trip.

I also want to point out that while we hope this will be an enjoyable jaunt, we do not underestimate the scale of the challenge we are taking on. We are not a group of fit young specimens and would all be classed as old enough to know better! I think I am the youngest by a considerable margin so for us as a group to commit to riding on average 85 miles per day, continuously for 11 days, regardless of what the weather might throw at us is no minor thing. There are sure to be some hard days when we wonder why the heck we are doing it.

Anyway, it is happening and we will do it, so please donate anything you can to an important organisation that does fantastic work.

6 months till blast off.....

Skol.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
@nickyboy If you set up a twitter account for the ride i'll punt the shoot out of it. Lemme know.

13 rider

Guru
Donation made .A few of us Leicester CCers are being to plan for the summer of 2021 . Look forward to reading about your adventure and hopes it dosnt put us off

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Donation made .A few of us Leicester CCers are being to plan for the summer of 2021 . Look forward to reading about your adventure and hopes it dosnt put us off
Thanks very much. Our little group is pretty much there in terms of transport to/from, routing, accommodation. We will just need to fine tune the packing nearer the date. Any help I can give please just ask

Top Bottom