Nickyboy's 2020 LEJOG for Down's Syndrome Association

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Wishing you all the best... keep us posted, donated on your Virgin Money page!

Fantastic. :smile:

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Wishing you all the best... keep us posted, donated on your Virgin Money page!

Fantastic. :smile:
Thank you. We are being repeatedly amazed by the generosity of the general public and people we are meeting along the way. Two cafe owners have donated our meal costs and more so far, and we are only on day two! It restores your faith in human kindness and nature :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I was going to post daily updates but I'm too knackered most of the time. As Steve says, the standout is the amazing generosity of people who just push cash into our hands when they see us in the matching cycling tops. We are having a great, if challenging, time as well but this is the icing on the cake

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/QXBpXklRwhb

This is the link to Day 2 (yesterday). 80 odd miles from Cornwall to Somerset with hilly Devon in the middle

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just turning in for the night. Rest of the team retired about 9.30 - 10.00pm.

I'm feeling good and strong so far and hope this continues. Today another amazing day. 105 miles in superb weather, what more could we ask for? :becool:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Day 6 dawns and thankfully it isn't raining (yet).
A good night at home and with our own beds was certainly welcome as yesterday, despite being a short day at not much more than 40 miles, was quite hard. Heavy rain and the cumulative tiredness of the journey so far (plus comfort niggles for some team members :sad:) meant the spirits and legs were flagging.
Today is a new day and hopefully after a small rest and some bike fettling (saddle swap for poor Wayne, not really ideal at this stage in the game) we will be back to the jolly banter and high spirits of the previous day's 🤞

90 miles from Manchester to Tebay today and we pass the halfway point somewhere near the Lakes.

Ride safe folks :hello:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Fabulous day today. Started out from Tebay in slightly cool and drizzly conditions then climbed for a good while which was hard on the old legs after 500+ miles in the previous days. Fortunately the weather soon improved and the scenery also got exponentially better after we crossed the border and left Gretna.
Also got caught by another LEJOG group that in chatting we discovered had left LE 2 days before us and were travelling unladen with van support!!!! They blasted off up our final climb from Eskdalemuir, but Nick let me off the leash to show them how it was done......
I monstered the climb and the downhill that followed, despite my panniers being full of team kit, and spare bottled water, and emergency snacks picked up in Gretna due to the empty void we were about to cross.
After TTing the final 10+ miles I arrived at the accommodation feeling great, over 10 minutes ahead of my team mates and another 10 minutes ahead of the other 'LEJOG lite' supported travellers :becool:
Hope I don't regret the little burst of sillyness tomorrow :eek:

Top Bottom