Nifty frame sanding block

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I found this at a large local hardware franchise, - in the hardware section. It cost me less than $ NZ 5.00 and it has turned out to be 'a real bewdy' for sanding the frame of a 50's era track bike.
Because its made of fairly stiff foam, coated in some sort of carborundum powder, it has the feel and effect of a very efficient sanding block, but the foam allows it to wrap around the frame tubes and even the sleek rear forks of the typical 50's - 70's racer. It also gets into the frame joins very well, (that wedge shaped edge) and seems to create far less 'finger and hand fatigue' than is often suffered with the conventional cork sanding block. or hand held abrasive paper.
p.s. - I'm not getting any kickback or commisssion on sales 20171231_180902.jpg

Last edited:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I'm not getting any kickback or commisssion on sales View attachment 390826

Why not? Get em sent over here I've never seen one of them.

The equivalent English blocks shown in the pics , don't have that single long chamfered edge as the block in the photograph I put up.
That angle cut is the noticeable feature, ( and the feature that makes it so useful in getting in and around frame joins, backstay joins etc. ) Cheers

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I used to use this kind back in the day for rubbing down paint on wooden window frames. Glad we now have PVC, but I probably have one or two kicking around in the outhouse, and I guess I could find some new ones by shopping around. Wire brushes of various sorts and sizes are what I would use nowadays for frame renovation.

Great work Milkfloat, you have located the exact thing online for those in the U.K. that are soon to tackle a hand sand-down of their bike. - Which achieves everything I was trying to do, - just alert anyone who is going to do that job, that there is something available that works well. Cheers

Top Bottom