Night Clubs you frequented in your youth...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barq

Kirstie said:
Barq I think you might be right about subway city. I used to go there int he mid 90s, not to gay night (which was a Friday) but to the House of God, which was there on a Saturday night for a short period of time.

It was owned by someone called Bill Gavin (?) in my time. They did a £5 drink all you can deal on Wednesdays. Strangely I have no memories of what the DJs played those paryicular nights. :sad: But I did enter a Steps tribute competition with some friends. We were called Step Aside and I was 'Lee' (the bloke who wasn't 'H'). :blush:

There was a hard dance room near the front where I used to hang out a lot. Previously I'd been more into trance and progressive house so listening to that hard edged stuff was quite formative for me.

Kirstie said:
I was very into clubbing for a couple of years on the Birmingham dance scene which used to be really big. [...] Que Club [...]

Absolutely. I went to a Renaissance night at the Que Club. Might have been Ian Ossia, I'm not sure. Nice enough venue and very near where I lived in my first year at Aston Uni. I used to spend more time around Hurst Street... but it was good and if career things go right this year I'll be back in my beloved Brum again. :ohmy:

bornagain

Changing lights - Huddersfield- Tuesday nights 1984-1888 - hot, sweaty and usually pissed.
Student Union - Huddersfield Poly Friday nights 1984-1988 - even hotter, sweatier and always pissed - I met Mrs Bornagain in that wonderful establishment...

P

Dave5N

Über Member
barq said:
It was owned by someone called Bill Gavin (?) in my time. They did a £5 drink all you can deal on Wednesdays. Strangely I have no memories of what the DJs played those paryicular nights. :sad: But I did enter a Steps tribute competition with some friends. We were called Step Aside and I was 'Lee' (the bloke who wasn't 'H'). :blush:

There was a hard dance room near the front where I used to hang out a lot. Previously I'd been more into trance and progressive house so listening to that hard edged stuff was quite formative for me.

Absolutely. I went to a Renaissance night at the Que Club. Might have been Ian Ossia, I'm not sure. Nice enough venue and very near where I lived in my first year at Aston Uni. I used to spend more time around Hurst Street... but it was good and if career things go right this year I'll be back in my beloved Brum again. :ohmy:

When were you at Aston?

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
..I was never one for night clubs....I spent most of my yoof at the the hammersmith odean or getting drunk on my own at parties full of people i didnt know and did not wan tto know...bit of sad git realy I supoose

Dave5N said:
Ah a bit before my time. Never knew Tranny Mannies existed out in the real world though :evil:

LOL we were social misfits and we knew it! 45 blokes and just 2 girls. We used to stick together in Einsteins for protection. Well that and we didn't know any girls to talk to.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
The Chelsea Cat in South Shields was a regular haunt in the early 70's whilst perfecting the art of juvenile projectile vomiting.:evil:

Top Bottom