Night ride to the seaside 28/29 April 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Which reminded me: Apologies to Tynan, but there's never been a night ride to anywhere in Hampshire (Bognor- so near yet so far!), and the Tour of Hampshire CC ride (which I missed) was in April 2009. Apart from this 'ere dump with suitably iconic finishing point (Spinnaker Tower), New Forest would be good, we could go right across and over to Bournemouth...And multiple options for trains back for those who don't fancy übermiling.

Northbound it is then.

StuAff

Northbound it is then.

Nothing against going North, except that those of us who have to head down south again run the risk of being stuck on a train with umpteen thousand rubberneckers wittering on about the event they were trying to miss. If we can get on a train at all.....

marna

I am *pubsitting* that weekend, and all of the week after. Would you trust me in charge of a pub?

A further helpful accessory - should anyone decide to stay at home, can be found here.

For a true republican ride to the coast, you could always head north out of London, via Huntingdon and Ely and then onto Kings Lynn.

Oliver Cromwell was born in Huntingdon and was an MP there (as well as Cambridge), lived in Ely and waged a siege against the cavaliers in Kings Lynn. About 110 miles.

frank9755

Cyclist
For a true republican ride to the coast, you could always head north out of London, via Huntingdon and Ely and then onto Kings Lynn.

Oliver Cromwell was born in Huntingdon and was an MP there (as well as Cambridge), lived in Ely and waged a siege against the cavaliers in Kings Lynn. About 110 miles.

Cambridge would be an appropriate stopping off point on a Cromwellian ride. When we rode through the city yesterday I was ready to do my tour guide turn and point out Cromwell's old room overlooking the street in my college (Sidney Sussex), but the group had broken up and there were too many peds in the road. His head is buried under the college chapel.

I've booked for the IoW Randonnee with a day or two tacked on either side. So - waiting to hear what destination you guys choose, so I can figure out whether it's going to be possible to do this ride and then travel on to the IoW...

StuAff

I've booked for the IoW Randonnee with a day or two tacked on either side. So - waiting to hear what destination you guys choose, so I can figure out whether it's going to be possible to do this ride and then travel on to the IoW...

It will be....missed the Randonnee last year, so I want to do this year's.

Wherever you end up going, I will be there in spirit!

Have been invited to a 'Carry On Up The Aisle' party and have been informed quite categorically that there will be no radios, TVs or other media nor any mentions whatsoever of the other 'do' in london.

Top Bottom