FNRttC Night Ride to Whitstable 7th April 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Have fixed Rob's chain. We're going to move to where we were last time, which is the code pace near platform seven I think. It's the exit we need to take, and is by the bike racks outside. Look for some old blokes. With old bikes.

robjh

Legendary Member
Some early pictures
DSC_0315.JPG
DSC_0317.JPG
DSC_0323.JPG

rb58

Enigma
After hours of fog, the sun started to poke its head up as we by-passed Sittingbourne. That was the moment a spoke in my rear wheel decided to go pop. Even though I disconnected the rear brake, the wheel was sufficiently out of true to be fouling the mudguard and there was no way I was going to get to Whitstable, let alone ride home afterwards. So, here I am sat on a train heading back to the smoke with the prospect of having to cook my own Full English. Looking at the damage, it seems the spoke is fine - it's the nipple that has failed. It's completely sheered - I've not seen that before.

Up to that point it was a fine, incident free ride. Big thanks to Tim for organising and leading and to the crew at the half way stop, which was as excellent as ever.

See you all on the road.

AlexB

Veteran
Great ride. Thanks Tim!
Bit cold and foggy in places, but suitable atmospheric all the same. The run into the cafe was mostly wind free and in full bright sunshine.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Train into Victoria was a bit late, getting next Pompey one would have been impossible (and one an hour, engineering work). That was the bad news. Good news: despite the strike the Southern service to Pompey was running and left on time, quicker down there too.
Cracking night. More to follow later.

Top Bottom