FNRttC Night Ride to Whitstable 7th April 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iZaP

Über Member
Or you can ride home......

Last time I did both! A bit of fuel for the home run never hurts!

Saying that, you do need to be at the front to get the food fast!!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I have in the past harboured ambitions to waymark that left turn but such is the pace that I'm never near the front, and when I get there I see a glum individual, their dreams of Graveny Glory dashed.

So let me know 5 min before the start from Faversham & I'll nip down there.

martint235

Dog on a bike
There's another game you can play - mark the turn, or just linger at the back, then see how many people you can overtake before you get to the cafe. It's fun. I know this ;-)
I also know this. My first FNRttC to Whistable I was with 'Teef who told me to be ready for the sprint. Unfortunately, and this is another skill, I lurked too close to the front and was picked out for waymarking :sad:

I also know from past experience that you can lurk towards the back of the peloton and still win the sprint so long as you're ready for @rb58 launching from about 3 miles out.

AlexB

Veteran
Is this the ride which went along the unsurfaced road in the middle of nowhere last year and got overtaken by a train in the dark?

U

User10571

There's another game you can play - mark the turn, or just linger at the back, then see how many people you can overtake before you get to the cafe. It's fun. I know this ;-)
It is the one (and only) occasion that I have managed to outpace Tanya the Chainbreaker and be first at the Waterfront. To which she commented 'I could see you were on one so I thought I'd leave you to it'

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Note to self do not book a holiday to Majorca before the Fridays Ride dates are published.

Sad to missing what has always been a great ride....

Top Bottom