FNRttC Night Ride to Whitstable 7th April 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I also know this. My first FNRttC to Whistable I was with 'Teef who told me to be ready for the sprint. Unfortunately, and this is another skill, I lurked too close to the front and was picked out for waymarking

Simon did the same to me on my first Whitstable!

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
[QUOTE 4724572, member: 21629"]Don't tell me it's gonna be a race.[/QUOTE]
It just means that the queue for breakfast has died down a bit when the normal people arrive.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Only if you want it to be. Once past the last turn onto the Graveney marshes, the tradition is that those who wish to race the last seven or so miles to breakfast do. My best time is about twenty minutes.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
[QUOTE 4724572, member: 21629"]Don't tell me it's gonna be a race.[/QUOTE]
Not for me, nor for 90 per cent of people on the ride. I try to linger near the back, out of sheer idleness but trying to give an aura of helpfulness should anyone suffer a mechanical. A late arrival and a leisurely breakfast for me.

martint235

Dog on a bike
[QUOTE 4724620, member: 21629"]Good then. I just worried if it's a compulsory speed up or only for those who want it.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry the main ride continues at its sedately pace all the way. There were gasps of amazement as me and @rb58 shot past a couple of years ago but it's strictly admiration from afar:smile:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'd just like to mention that I was once first in the queue for breakfast. To this day I don't know how. I think it was the same day already referenced when I was among the last group to totter towards the station, just in time for a last pre-lunch drink on the train.

Top Bottom