FNRttC Night Ride to Whitstable 7th April 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
Booked my train back from Whitstable - £12...coulda been worse I suppose. Excited now :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Speaking of which, Southern claim to be confident they can run most of their services.
Yeah, right....unfortunately for me there's engineering work around Guildford on Saturday (and I'm not trusting Southern!), so need to get one of the via-Winchester trains which are one an hour.

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Mindful of the fact that i once fell asleep on the hill going into Faversham, I'm nervous! Or maybe i should congratulate myself on my planning expertise. Anyway, I'm on an extensive sleep deprivation exercise that involves me being awake during the UK night. Greetings from Hong Kong.
If i need to stop the ride whilst i have a 5 minute nap, then please bear with me.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
[QUOTE 4749224, member: 21629"] I'm in.[/QUOTE]I'm really pleased about that.

StuartG

slower but further
Over reaction is strictly reserved towards folks who have a flat but no spanner, tube and then take 30 mins to fix it. But then only if you are a down route wayfinder on a very chilly night ... otherwise you can do no wrong. Well apart from undertaking and not being the first to the bar.

StuAff

The mess was made by those who decided to organise that ride by PM only, despite Vernon's special place in the hearts of many of us, who failed to invite me, and no doubt at least a few others, who should have been involved or given the option. I had an explanation (via PM, natch) and I can't say I found it terribly satisfactory. I am attempting not to over-react…

StuartG

slower but further
Not a mess @StuAff. Vernon has a special part in many more memories. I think York to Hull 2011 was his first ride and I was TEC-ing with Adrian so we saw rather a lot of him (in every way!). The one hill was really mind over matter as was continuing with the buckled rear wheel. He could have invented the word legend.

People choose to celebrate him in different ways. I don't think it incumbent for anybody to include anybody. If people want to form their own cliques that is their business. Please don't get sore over it. I'm certainly not. Enjoying a FNRttC is more important than that. So smile at all of us next Friday please Stuart.

I think of him with every pie I eat. Those will be his true memorial. No one can take that from us.

Last edited:

StuAff

Not a mess @StuAff. Vernon has a special part in many more memories. I think York to Hull 2011 was his first ride and I was TEC-ing with Adrian so we saw rather a lot of him (in every way!). The one hill was really mind over matter as was continuing with the buckled rear wheel. He could have invented the word legend.

People choose to celebrate him in different ways. I don't think it incumbent for anybody to include anybody. If people want to form their own cliques that is their business. Please don't get sore over it. I'm certainly not. Enjoying a FNRttC is more important than that. So smile at all of us next Friday please Stuart.

I think of him with every pie I eat. Those will be his true memorial. No one can take that from us.
True. But organising it like that, then posting pictures etc, was insensitive. Thinking of doing my own tribute meet. There would be one requirement for coming along. Non pie-eaters would be welcome. If Vernon thought you were OK (or would), you're in. But if not…do one.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Guys, can we focus on this being the Friday's Whitstable ride thread? There will people people new to The Fridays and CC and this spat does nobody any credit. If you have a beef about the Cambridge event, take it up with the organiser or Shaun either online on a separate thread or via PM.
This is not the way or place.

Top Bottom