FNRttC Night Ride to Whitstable 7th April 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Guys, can we focus on this being the Friday's Whitstable ride thread? There will people people new to The Fridays and CC and this spat does nobody any credit. If you have a beef about the Cambridge event, take it up with the organiser or Shaun either online on a separate thread or via PM.
This is not the way or place.
Consider my piece said.

StuartG

slower but further
Dry, no lower than 6° overnight, with a sunny morning at the seaside.
Adrian - we all have to be Brexiters now so its 46 degrees in good old British Fahrenheit which is much better because its bigger.

No helmets please. Get used to compulsory knotted handkerchiefs. You know it makes sense.

Last edited:

SixPotBelly

Regular
Adrian - we all have to be Brexiters now so its 46 degrees in good old British Fahrenheit which is much better because its bigger.

No helmets please. Get used to compulsory knotted handkerchiefs. You know it makes sense.

You're not going to make me ride in miles are you? Kilometers click by so much quicker...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I can't remember where the hills are on this ride. Could somebody remind me?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Quite right, we haven't even decided what units to measure the distance in yet. Leagues gets my vote. That or Smoots.
Leagues are enormous. 5 and a half km each. They'll be really dispiriting. Not as bad as Swedish miles, which weigh in at 10k each.

I like nautical miles (about 1.8km), because they're not completely arbitrary - being the distance of the arc of one minute of latitude. And I think they have a toe hold in the SI system too.

Top Bottom