FNRttC Night Ride to Whitstable 7th April 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sketchley

Über Member
@Sketchley send an email.

EDIT - it's up to the ride leader, but someone pulled out this morning so you won't affect the catering numbers. And if they make too much you can eat it.

Thanks. I filled out the form. So you should have an email. Hopefully it's ok understand if not

Sketchley

Über Member
Yay just got the emails so looks like i'm coming thanks for letting me register late. No plans for Saturday this time, so beer on the beach beckons, hopefully in the sun.

Sketchley

Über Member
Advanced singles back to Victoria £9.90 or St Pancras only £12.60 on thetrainline.COM at the moment. Have to pick your train though. What time are people planning on leaving?

Sketchley

Über Member
the best option for people is to form into groups of 4 to get a groupsave

Works out at £14.80 each back to Victoria with Group Save but it is flexible and available on the day. £9.90 advance ticket but specific train. It's only a £5 so yes that might be best option, providing I can find 3 people all wanting to leave with me.

Sketchley

Über Member
Shies away from the obvious and hurtful.

Unlike you. Do you need to go for a lie down?

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Provided you are all going to the same destination. It doesn't work if, say, 3 want to go to Victoria and 1 wants to get off at an intermediate stop.
Yes, this is very true. TRUE! It says so somewhere. I have read the rules. BIGLY! Some people, many people, I can't tell you how many people, have actually ignored the rules and got off at different stations. SAD! But nothing happened. True!

mmmmartin

Random geezer
In other news, peeps going to places other than London can cycle along the Crab & Winkle Trail, which is what Dutch cyclists come to look at when they need a laugh, to Canterbury, and go to Ashford, Dover, Tonbridge, etc.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Yes, this is very true. TRUE! It says so somewhere. I have read the rules. BIGLY! Some people, many people, I can't tell you how many people, have actually ignored the rules and got off at different stations. SAD! But nothing happened. True!
I ... er ... a friend of mine did this once and it got a bit messy at the intermediate station, where I ... er ... my friend got off, which had ticket barriers so my friend had difficulty getting out having left the other people going to the destination. Or so I've been told. In the end nothing happened, but my friend tells me that if he had his time over again he'd get the proper ticket to avoid the hassle. Allegedly.

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
IMG_20170406_194335.jpg
cake baking is in full swing here in Strood. I get to do the easy stuff (flapjacks). Mrs trickedem gets to do the Victoria sponges and other culinary delights.

Top Bottom