Nightriding - East Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
The weather is looking OK for Wednesday:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0018

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Just caught this thread. I might make it. Don't wait for me, though!

Not being a native East Yorkshireman, any chance of a grid reference or streetmap link for the starting point?

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
If it is a dry night I'll be on my roadie, if it's ahem....moist (hopefully not), I'll be on my hybrid MTB thingy. Not at all bothered if I am alone, but themore the merrier.

I have a nice little route worked out with very little main road riding, just watch out for the cows on the Westwood on the way back!!!! (it'll be downhill, so speeds might be up)

A word for any newcomers that join us, this is NOT a stage race or TDF preparation, it is a mild leg stretch on quiet country lanes with a pub stop. If you are a rip-snorting expert racer, then you will find the pace somewhat.....sedate, if you're looking to do a PB look elsewhere, this will be a social ride, not a race.

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
velocidad said:
....if wet then my town bike complete with milk carton/gaffer tape mud flap......no ridicule please ;-)

cheers, velocidad.

You haven't seen my trusty steed yet, ha ha. I'm not bothered what people ride, so long as they ride....if that makes sense??

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I've just been totting it up on google earth and it's about 11 miles to the pub, and 6 miles back from the pub.

Indirect route on the way out, and direct-ish route on the way back - well, as direct as you can be with 18 pints of stout inside you!!!:biggrin::evil:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm free this Wednesday so i'll make one in. I'll be on my hybrid, as i dont have decent lights on the road bike, should be fine if the speed is moderate / slow :biggrin: