Nine out of ten cyclists look absolutely appalling...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I couldn't give a monkeys what he thinks

jefmcg

Guru
I'm 61 and I care very much how I look on the bike; I have a sneaky belief that if you are properly dressed and riding purposefully, holding a good line and asserting your right to road space, drivers will treat you with more respect than if you are some muppet in a hoodie on a mountain bike with no lights, swerving across the road daring them to knock you over.
I can attest that wearing a short tartan skirt, knee high boots, tights and a black polo neck also gets you respect.

DAMHIKT and YMMV.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd rather steal my clothes from a scarecrow that wear Rapha. I was able to quit work in my forties because I didn't waste money on their wares.

The one Rapha top I do own - a gift - is not better made than anything you could buy at M&S. The bulk of it is made in the Far East, so what's the big deal?

jefmcg

Guru
Now that Rapha has become mainstream, I'll have to dump mine and find another brand. It's so hard to remain exclusive nowadays without the nouveau riche spoiling it for us.
Yes. Louis Vuitton were apparently trying to acquire it late last year. No two letters say noveau riche like LV.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I wonder if that would work for me?
Give it a go.^_^:bicycle:

A skirt, black polo-neck and wee boots used to work for me, on my morning commute. Little satchel with my work stuff in, slung over my shoulder like a school bag too. I used to get wide passes and wolf whistles on my way to work. I was 20+ years younger and half a stone lighter then too though.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm sticking with my sequined ball gown and hobnail boots combo. Apparently Larry Hagman would go on bike rides and shopping wearing a gorilla suit

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I'm 61 and I care very much how I look on the bike; I have a sneaky belief that if you are properly dressed and riding purposefully, holding a good line and asserting your right to road space, drivers will treat you with more respect than if you are some muppet in a hoodie on a mountain bike with no lights, swerving across the road daring them to knock you over.
Really? I've observed the exact opposite: it's the unpredictable muppets who look like they need more cycling practice that tend to be viewed with more distrust (and hence are given a bit more room) by motorists.
As for the Rapha CEO: he's clearly a cycling snob (a well-paid one).

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The man is a 'branding consultant' - that pretty much says it all. As noted above, he is selling a brand, not a product. I like the look of some of their products, but I am a value for money man - I am happy to spend good money on a great product that offers significant advantage over others, but for me with Rapha you are not paying for the product itself.

Top Bottom