Nine out of ten cyclists look absolutely appalling...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He can poke his stuff.I'm more worried about how people cycle not what they wear.
Yes, but you aren't trying to sell your little business to Louis Vuitton.

iandg

Legendary Member
I wonder if that would work for me?

Bmzmil6CcAEnM7Y.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
Now that Rapha has become mainstream, I'll have to dump mine and find another brand. It's so hard to remain exclusive nowadays without the nouveau riche spoiling it for us.

Take a look at Torm; super jerseys at a third of the price of Rapha; I tried my new LS jersey on a longish, coldish ride in Snowdonia last weekend and it was warm and comfortable. Their sizing is accurate.

Here: https://spcycles.com/epages/f16c048...48c-e949-4d87-996e-9f7ec7a844b3/Products/1005

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I thought he was doing ok in the interview until I read this

Aldi does a cycling jersey for £15 to £20 but we won’t do that because that isn’t really a cycling jersey – it’s a piece of polyester.

It's that sort of attitude that gets people's backs up and makes then hate the brand and what it stands for. I doubt many Rapha customers would buy into what he said there. He made a mistake saying that.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Yes. Louis Vuitton were apparently trying to acquire it late last year. No two letters say noveau riche like LV.
Pinarello?

Tin Pot

Guru
I thought he was doing ok in the interview until I read this

Aldi does a cycling jersey for £15 to £20 but we won’t do that because that isn’t really a cycling jersey – it’s a piece of polyester.

It's that sort of attitude that gets people's backs up and makes then hate the brand and what it stands for. I doubt many Rapha customers would buy into what he said there. He made a mistake saying that.

I think he's bang on message for his target market.

Take a look at Torm; super jerseys at a third of the price of Rapha; I tried my new LS jersey on a longish, coldish ride in Snowdonia last weekend and it was warm and comfortable. Their sizing is accurate.

Here: https://spcycles.com/epages/f16c048...48c-e949-4d87-996e-9f7ec7a844b3/Products/1005

Thanks. It looks very functional and all that but it is sold through common high street retailers. Everyone will know where I bought it. I can already see them nudging and winking from behind their sweaty Castelli and Nalini polyester garment things.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Quite a few of the much-denigrated "new cyclists" are former golfers, tired of the rules and time-wasters, empty-nesters looking to regain fitness or retired mountain bikers like me who've lost interest in getting muddy. They tend to be in their fifties and sixties, an age when most people are earning a reasonable salary and have almost sorted the mortgage and have got the kids off their hands so they are feeling more comfortable financially after years of scrimping. So why shouldn't they go and splash some lolly on a decent bike and some fancy kit to wear? There's a lot of inverted snobbery amongst cyclists but the new wave of MAMILs has done much to revive the cycle industry with better service and a wider choice of better kit thanks to the R&D investment that's gone into bikes and equipment, so old-school cyclists should be celebrating their new-found popularity, not scoffing.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.

I dislike the brand, and what it stands for, ad how it gets its products made but I can't help but like the quality of the products themselves. I think a lot of Rapha-ist folk will love what he said, it won't alienate his core target market one bit. And at least it means they aren't playing golf....

Top Bottom