Nine out of ten cyclists look absolutely appalling...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Quite a few of the much-denigrated "new cyclists" are former golfers, tired of the rules and time-wasters, empty-nesters looking to regain fitness or retired mountain bikers like me who've lost interest in getting muddy.
I've not got tired of getting muddy. I run off-road as often as I can in winter. But when it comes to mtb... at 56 I've lost my bottle, and take too long to heal.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I certainly don't have any problem with spending money on a decent bike and comfortable, stylish clothing. My expenditure is tiny compared with people who splash thousands on sports cars, motorbikes, yachts, jet skis, vintage cars, small aircraft, exotic holidays, cruises and so on and at least my hobby keeps me fit and less likely to become a burden on the NHS.

iandg

Legendary Member
Has it ever been any different?

7161301577_ec6c76cbf6.jpg

My dad (in the middle) used to regularly ride 150-160 miles/day dressed like that - what proportion of Rapha dressed riders can do that?

6462051869_ac65b2496a.jpg

2151148689_e63ab7694e.jpg

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Nice to know their boss is as shallow as many of their customers, more interested in style than substance.

Interesting he makes comments about Aldi kit being polyester, not a Jersey. He's clearly never heard of merino wool.

Ciar

Veteran
My care-factor is very low in regards to this article, as for Rapha it seems to be worn by those on my commute, in a rush to get to the red lights quicker than me ;-)

Last edited:

iandg

Legendary Member
Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Nice to know their boss is as shallow as many of their customers, more interested in style than substance.

Interesting he makes comments about Aldi kit being polyester, not a Jersey. He's clearly never heard of merino wool.
even though they produce jerseys in Merino Wool.........

Top Bottom